Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Woodchucks (Read 28290 times)
JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Woodchucks
Reply #45 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
Tree Squirrels are very good eating. ground Squirrels on the other hand are well known for carrying various unhealthy to human diseases out this way. Those we shot by the hundreds always having an unlimited supply that a local cattle rancher in the hill country wanted eliminated. There uncontrollable population in turn attracted a very large on the ranch community of Coyotes. It was a real nice and private hunting paradise while it lasted and for about six years. Doves we're also very plentiful at the time with daily limits easy to achieve and there were always a few local Deer hanging out at the place. 

JLouis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #46 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Those ground squirrels were fun.  Especially shooting them running between burrows.

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #47 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
Amen Bob Z and there were so many I would take my reloading equipment and set it up in the horse barn / shop for the after lunch time shoot. We would head up that way every weekend from about March to September when Dove season would then start. It would then typicaly give the young enough time to reproduce and fatten up for the next years shoot. Was not unusual to go through 200 rounds each for the two of us or real close it for every one day outing and more than enough until the next weekend came around. Man those were indeed the good old days when looking back. 

JLouis

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #48 - Jun 18th, 2018 at 10:04pm
Print Post  
Joe,

You saying you never heard of a gal that likes squirrel better than she does chicken?    ;

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #49 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 12:31am
Print Post  
I'm thinking the ones who prefer squirrel are likely better shots, and may not fill the game with bb's when an opportunity presents itself.    Grin

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #50 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 12:42am
Print Post  
As long as she don't have those big sharp teeth to sink into you like the bushy-tailed critter does, it ought to be just fine.    Wink

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

JS47
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #51 - Jun 19th, 2018 at 1:41am
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Jun 19th, 2018 at 12:37am:
[quote author=4A7A61696658080 link=1529076918/72#72 date=1529382670]I'm thinking the ones who prefer squirrel are likely better shots, and may not fill the game with bb's when an opportunity presents itself.    Grin

Not sure I want one that eats squirrel sitting in my lap. 

Joe. 
You probably wouldn't mind one who's feeling a little squirrelly sitting on your lap!

JS

IP Logged

Rebel
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #52 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
careful, she may have a jealous boyfriend.

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. Let's Go Sonny!

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #53 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
For an old-timey photo from back in the days when folks weren't used to smiling in them, that feller almost looks like he's cracking a grin.    Wink

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #54 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
BP, Some folks natural expression is a smile.  People on job sites used to ask me what  I was so happy about.  Occasionally some one will walking in public, but usually someone who saw me more  that just passing by. Maybe he is one of the lucky few that wakes up in a good mood every morning?

"some old things are lovely, warm still with life ... of the forgotten men who made them." - D.H. Lawrence

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #55 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Bob Z I always woke up with a good reasons to have a smile on my face, still alive, always having an enjoyable job to head to and being extremely blessed and thankful.

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #56 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
The Late Great Paul Harvey reported very few people wake up in a good mood everyday for a week.

IP Logged

BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #57 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Bob,
Maybe that feller's squirrel eatin' gal has a way of keeping him in a good mood!     Grin

Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

Schuetzenmiester
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #58 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 10:31pm
Print Post  
That's a probability  Cheesy

IP Logged

mijo

Reply #59 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
Here is my grandson with his first kill ever. Remington no.4 22lr iron sights. This was the first of 5 that day

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint