Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Reloading bench Pictures? (Read 3233 times)
Nero
Oldtimer

Re: Reloading bench Pictures?
Reply #30 - Feb 15th, 2024 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Among the troubles with growing old is that your life long shooting friends die.
Having sold off other deceased friends rifles and loading stuff as well as their books I decided a few years ago to get rid of all the things I seldom used. Books that had sat on the shelf for sixty years odd years and rifles that were not getting used.
Haven't got a workshop now either just a RCBS press on a tool cabinet in the garage.
The Lee press in the photo I only use for bullet seating.
Some of those benches you guys have shown look like my gunsmiths, He phoned me sometime ago and said my latest Martini was ready for collection, just got to put it together, When I arrived he couldn't find the through bolt and had to make me a new one.
My loading bench are a couple of foot lockers over a hundred years old that came out of the Marine barracks in Chatham UK.
The white oblong with the green light is a monitor for my wife's little computer heart pace maker to send back to the hospital all the fluctuations her heart may be making.
The blue object is a small light I always use after putting the powder into the cases to make sure I haven't missed one or their height looks a bit different.
« Last Edit: Feb 15th, 2024 at 8:11pm by Nero »  

IP Logged

SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #31 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 5:34am
Print Post  
How deep (front to back) are your reloading benches? I am thinking of using two layers of 1" thick USB as the table/bench top. A standard size here is 2.5m long and 1.2m wide. If I rip it I can get two pieces about 24" wide by 8' long. It just happens that a bench that size works well in my garage as well, I can squeeze by the Mustang...

Halt Fest! Ziel Gut! Schiess Fleck!

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #32 - Mar 4th, 2024 at 6:34am
Print Post  
My "loadbox" setup is about 500mm front-to back, but I could get by with 400mm.

<div class=

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint