Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Reloading bench Pictures? (Read 3231 times)
SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Reloading bench Pictures?
Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 8:39am
Print Post  
One thing I've done recently is "cull" my dies, bunch of them went away via ebay. Stuff like 22-250 (never owned one) duplicates (3x 45 ACP, 2x 44 Mag) etc. This helps a lot with storage! I've never been one to load for others so there is just no need for calibers I don't shoot.

I still have 416 Rigby but just for nostalgia, the rifle is long gone. I also kept 7 and 8mm Mauser dies but I figure one my crop up in the future....

Halt Fest! Ziel Gut! Schiess Fleck!

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Above my bench I have a sign that states, "dust is a protective coating"

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Cbashooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Feb 2nd, 2024 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
SchwartzStock wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 8:39am:
One thing I've done recently is "cull" my dies, bunch of them went away via ebay. Stuff like 22-250 (never owned one) duplicates (3x 45 ACP, 2x 44 Mag) etc. This helps a lot with storage! I've never been one to load for others so there is just no need for calibers I don't shoot.

I still have 416 Rigby but just for nostalgia, the rifle is long gone. I also kept 7 and 8mm Mauser dies but I figure one my crop up in the future....

I have triple digits of die sets  Many of them doubles and for calibers I don't own guns for.I find sometimes they can use them for forming other cases and even tapering bullets.

IP Logged

Skalkaho
Oldtimer

Reply #18 - Feb 3rd, 2024 at 11:07am
Print Post  
OK...That die was sitting right there !

May the Bullet Gods be with you.......

IP Logged

SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 4:04am
Print Post  
rkba2nd wrote on Feb 2nd, 2024 at 12:45pm:
Above my bench I have a sign that states, "dust is a protective coating"

When I list a gun for sale I often add a disclaimer: "If this gun accumulates much more dust I will have to increase shipping charges"  Wink

IP Logged

Antonio
Participating Member

Reply #20 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
We need another pic to see what is to the left. Wish mine was that organized.

IP Logged

GunBum

Reply #21 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
I bought several surplus upper cabinets from the Habitat for Humanity store.  They work well for storing stuff that otherwise gets in the way, and they were super cheap.  Price cheap, not quality cheap.  I think they came from a doctor’s office based on the labels that were on them.  Below my benches are drawer cabinets that came out of a chemistry lab that was being renovated.  The benches still get loaded with crap even with tons of storage.  I have 2 Dillon 550 presses that sit on one bench (one bought new, and the other picked up used for $100).  With 2 Dillons I don’t have to switch the priming system between small and large primers.  The other bench has a quick detach system for my RCBS Rockchucker, a bench vise, bullet sizer, etc. 

Obviously I’m very good at keeping it clean and organized Grin

IP Logged

GunBum

Reply #22 - Feb 5th, 2024 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
More pictures of junk piled on he benches…

The current state of affairs is better, but I’m currently working in Cambodia, so I can’t get up to date photos.

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Y2K I was living in an apartment.   Built this box to contain everything needed.  (It originally had a cover that could be locked.)

23 years later, still using it.  Sitting on a roll-around kitchen cabinet which stores small hand tools and powder. RCBS Junior mounted on a heavy bench just to the right, (which mainly supports my "small" lathe). On the left out of view is a bookcase holding dies, bullets, primers, gas checks, bags of brass, etc.   All easily within arm's reach.  Lyman Junior is permanently set  up for .38 Spl and 9mm.  Tong tool does all my decapping.  Brass tumbler lives in the kitchen under a counter. 

<div class=

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Smaller kit built into an old pistoleer's field box.  This goes to the range with me.  Sometimes I plop it on the computer desk and work out of it, since the reloading room isn't heated.

<div class=

IP Logged

gnoahhh
Oldtimer

Reply #25 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 9:45am
Print Post  
First off, I'm a bachelor so I can get away with this. I built a free standing bench out of a repurposed oak benchtop 1 1/4" thick, 30" x five feet, with massive 3x4" ash legs and cross members - all finished with oil and varnish. Furniture-grade work, because it lives in the center of my living room. It doubles as my desk and "gunnery" bench, so I humorously refer to it as my "dench". My Gerstner tool chest resides on it as well as a Lyman press and a melange of trinkets, gizmos, and other such clutter that soothes my soul. All other loading apparatus is stored on wall shelves (those that aren't underfoot) and three footlocker-size wooden chests I built. Powder and primers are in big Tupperware bins (how many of them is a secret best kept from the fire marshal), brass in more of those bins, and bullets share space with the couple thousand books I have crammed into several floor-to-ceiling shelf systems I built. I would post a picture but it's my private space and I gotta draw the line with Internet privacy someplace.

Speaking of drawing the line, I do that with my casting setup too - not in the living room, rather off site in my shop.

So far the only apprehension about my "gunnery stuff" in my living room resulted from when I did a Cerrosafe chamber cast and I overflowed the chamber. The spillage hit the Persian rug and blended itself into the carpet fibers. No pulling it off, I had to excise the frozen lump of Cerrosafe with a razor blade leaving a decidedly bald spot. 

Nary a woman in the world would sit still for my antics. My long term GF is abhorred and doesn't like visiting here, which is fine I just go to her. My arrangement is a reaction to all those years of being relegated to basements and garages and ex-wives who didn't tolerate that which I'm most passionate about. Notice I said "ex-wives".....

IP Logged

Antonio
Participating Member

Reply #26 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
It is nice not married, I do not have to put up with the nagging. Mine is not as neat as your stuff but you have a nice array of equipment.

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #27 - Feb 6th, 2024 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
I did a cerosafe cast a couple of days ago and a tiny bit splashed on my leather shoe.  I took it off to pick off the splat and spilled more on my now holey sock.

ASSRA # 11318
Plethora?  You say I have a plethora?.

IP Logged

Skalkaho
Oldtimer

Reply #28 - Feb 7th, 2024 at 9:02am
Print Post  
Notice my heat gun in the pic Jack?  I heat the barrel then heat the cerrasafe and do A casting right at the bench. Good thing you didnt take off your sock,for round three......

May the Bullet Gods be with you.......

IP Logged

SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - Feb 8th, 2024 at 3:53am
Print Post  
I have been thinking I may use steel supports for legs on the bench and have been looking on a website called "Small advertisements". While searching this morning I happened on these. While they are much more than I need for the reloading bench they are perfect for the new work bench I want to put in the garage to replace two small benches in there now that have a couple of grinders and a drill press on them. Note the circular "drawer", they call is a turning drawer.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint