Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Schützen - Zimmerstutzen (Read 109596 times)
feuerbixler
Oldtimer

Re: Schützen - Zimmerstutzen
Reply #135 - Jun 8th, 2010 at 8:16pm
Print Post  

Hi deadwooddick Richard.

Thanks for further information. I will take some pics of our targets the next days. We have some different targets for different ranges/distances. I collected a few targets, I have to look where they are...
Wink

Biggi

Questions in old German target rifles??? Hhhmm, maybe I can help...
...meanwhile more than 500 quality posts from Bavaria!
IP Logged

feuerbixler
Oldtimer

Reply #136 - Jun 10th, 2010 at 7:23pm
Print Post  

Hi deadwooddick Richard,

here I am again with a variety of targets we use in Germany and Austria. All competitions normally with peep sight and freehand standing. Rest-shooting only for veterans in a separate ranking.

1) The normal 100m / 109y target of "Deutscher Schützenbund" for cal.22 shooting. 
We use this target also for fire-rifle shooting distance 100m. In Bavaria we have only two ranges with more than 100m, so at the other ranges we shoot only 100m anyway.
If you do not reach with your five shots (one serial/sequence) 38-40 circles, you should think about it would be better to go playing rummy. 
Wink

2) Austria / special target for a very difficult range • 120m / 130y
The range most of the time is very windy. The target is very small compared to our German target. If you hit 35-40 circles (5 shot) it is really not bad! 
Roll Eyes 

3) Austria / very old traditional target for the most difficultiest range we have. You have to shoot very steep uphill. 
Only four circles! Maximum with 5 shots = 20 circles. If you reach 12 or 14 circles it's a nice result.
Cheesy

If you want to see the associated ranges to these targets, please refer to feuerbixler's homepage "Termine & Veranstaltungen" > "Fotogalerie". There you can choose the events. There are always detailed pics from the ranges.

Biggi  Smiley

« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2010 at 8:21pm by feuerbixler »  

Questions in old German target rifles??? Hhhmm, maybe I can help...
...meanwhile more than 500 quality posts from Bavaria!
IP Logged

waterman
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #137 - Jun 11th, 2010 at 12:48am
Print Post  
At the Redwood Gun Club range next to the Pacific Ocean, we use either the ASSRA or Wyoming Schuetzen Union (WSU) targets, depending on the whim of the match organizer and what we happen to have in quantity.  The dimensions of the rings are the same, but the colors vary slightly.  The ASSRA target (sold only to members) has an orange-red center on one side and black on the reverse.  Some shooters find the red center easier.  Some others find the black center easier.  It is a matter for individual eyesight which works best for you.  But sometimes the Schuetzenmeister is cranky and says "only red" or "only black".  The WSU target (sold to anyone with $) is reddish color, of a darker shade than the ASSRA target.  On one side, the rings from 24 to 18 (as shown in above photo) are red.  On the reverse side, only the only the 24, 23, & 22 rings are colored red.  That side is for shooting with scope sights.

We are not great observers of formality. Scoring for hits on paper depends on the whim of the Schuetzenmeister.  Sometimes it is 5 points for hits on paper.  At other times, hits outside of the 10-ring count zero.  All scoring is on the honor system.  Most of us are there simply to have a good time.

There is also a WSU target for 100 yards.  The 25-ring is 3/4 inch (19 mm).  Each ring increases the diameter by 3/4 inch.  The red circle is 6" in diameter and the 10-ring is 12" in diameter.

We allow either traditional German rifles with traditional sights or early (pre-1917 design) American (or other) single shots with traditional American sights.   

Some of our rifles have only scope sights, but the scopes used must have external aiming adjustments on the mount, not included in the scope.  I think one must be a very good shot to take advantage of the telescope.  Otherwise the scope merely magnifies the wobbles.

We say "pre-1917" scopes, but I think some of our most skilled traditional telescope makers were in the German Army in 1917. Wink

waterman

IP Logged

1991GoldenMatch11th
Participating Member

Reply #138 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Probably was Jochem Franz. He is a very out going person. Alot of fun to be around. He was in golden in '91.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint