Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)   $40 K Stevens/Pope @ Baltimore Show (Read 20827 times)
Gone Fly Fishing
Frequent Elocutionist

Re:   $40 K Stevens/Pope @ Baltimore Show
Reply #30 - Mar 28th, 2009 at 9:21am
Print Post  

Good morning Tony,      Thanks for finding us here at the ASSRA Forum and a big welcome to you.  I enjoyed meeting and talking with you at the Maryland Antique Arms Collectors recent show held at Timounium fair grounds.   It was my pleasure to have seen the wonderful Stevens/Pope rifles that you brought with you and had on display for the viewing public.

As you get to know us better, perhaps you will take the appropriate opportunity to post a few photos of your Stevens/Pope collection as you see fit.

I the mean time, I will continue to appreciate the time I had with you at your table in Maryland.

Webb   <><

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Mar 29th, 2009 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I know not everyone does this but nothing makes me more upset than seeing vintage guns, guitars and motorcycles bought up by people just put them in a showcase or just stored away.

Brozbow - I'll have to take difference with you.  I have a baseball signed by Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig.  I don't play catch with my 4yr old grandaughter using it  Wink

IP Logged

tim_s
Oldtimer

Reply #32 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
If you folks will indulge me I have 2 more question that I'd like forum opinion on. First, what is the thinking on how high the serial numbers that Stevens continued on with the Pope bbls. before the end? Lastly anybody have any assessment as to what kind of numbers out there on guns rebarreled as opposed to leaving the factory as Pope configured guns? Thanks in advance.

“ I don’t have to be faster than the bear, I just have to be faster than you”

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
   The best info I have is serial # 18?? --no rifles have been seen in the 1900 range, the new book may verify these numbers.
      The other rifles with Pope barrels will not be in the same serial # range and I don't think any info exist for these rifles. We don't even know the number of the last 44 1/2 to leave the factory, about 12??
                                                                           leadball

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint