Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chinquapin Stamp (Read 524 times)
Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Chinquapin Stamp
Jun 16th, 2024 at 8:18am
Print Post  
I’m taking this opportunity to reach out to Charlie Dell’s extended “family”.  Does anyone know the current location of Charlie’s little acorn stamp?  I remember he put that mark on a lot of his work in the old days, but have no idea where it went after he passed.  My favorite story involves Dale53 and a visit to Charlie’s. Dale had picked up one of Charlie’s lube pumps at a gun show… getting it cheaply because it had no markings but the SN. When they went down to the shop, Charlie sent Dale across the shop on some trumped up errand, and as Dale walked away he heard a bang, and when he turned around, it was marked with the acorn.  Charlie explained with an elfin grin that he had recognized it as one of his own, but it had somehow gotten away unmarked.  I miss that guy!
Froggie

IP Logged

stevens52

Re: Chinquapin Stamp
Reply #1 - Jun 16th, 2024 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Charlie,  in regards to the stamps. Before he passed they were both gifted to me and are much valued and safely stored.   John B

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Life #281

Reply #2 - Jun 16th, 2024 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Thanks, John, I had narrowed in my mind to you, Willis or Paul, with a couple of others as outside possibilities.  I’m glad they are in good hands and didn’t get lost in the confusion.
BTW,  I’m sure we could find a bench for you up here at the end of the month. We have about everything I can dream up in both RF and CF at 100 & 200 yds.
Regards,
Froggie

IP Logged

ledball
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2024 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
By Golly,  I thought all these years that I had those stamps, guess that’s why I can’t find them.  Ledball

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Life #281

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2024 at 11:50am
Print Post  
ledball wrote on Jun 18th, 2024 at 12:32pm:
By Golly,  I thought all these years that I had those stamps, guess that’s why I can’t find them.  Ledball

Like me, you’re suffering from “Half-Timer’s Disease”, you only remember stuff half the time!  Grin Grin Cheesy

BTW, ledball you’re invited next weekend too!  We’re still upholding Charlie’s old event schedule of the last Friday and Saturday in June and September.  There’s always room for you members of the Old Guard.  Cool

Froggie

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint