Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Borchardt 50-90 SS rebarrel (Read 869 times)
GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Borchardt 50-90 SS rebarrel
Reply #15 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff, 
Looks good!
I have a casting sitting here, actually a couple of them - whispering things.  Watching your project is bringing these back to the front.  I'll finish these Ballard things and probably take the Borchardt dive...
The shooting season is fast approaching, will you be joining us this year?
Thanks for sharing.
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Apr 25th, 2024 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Please post if you do a Borchardt. I am trying to finish a kit that someone started. With your talent it will probably be a piece of cake...

JMH

IP Logged

idjeffp
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - Apr 26th, 2024 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Hi JMH,
Looking forward to GT's posts as well... he's been too quiet lately <BIG smile> Wink
I have two other Borchardt kits that I'm nursing along too. Got one rcvr setup and threaded as I posted a while back... but also got a Ballard kit that's setup in the GT lathe turning fixture awaiting it's turn for boring & threading...
Amoretti has been a GREAT help with the dst's, so need to jump on those as well. Got stock to mill for a couple of those with notes from John with roots in Richard Binger's ASSRA article Wink
GT will see if I can make it out to one of the shoots this year. Would be a hoot! Got family in Colorado we could see too. Recently road tripped to CA to pick up my dream metal shaper two weeks ago - a Hendey 12" universal toolroom model with lots of goodies! So the operational circa 1915 Smith&Mills 12" metal shaper may go up for sale - PM me if anyone's interested?
Jeff P
Boise, ID

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint