Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Winchester 1885 Hi-Wall non-std adjustable trigger (Read 2313 times)
Crown-C
Senior Forum Member

Re: Winchester 1885 Hi-Wall non-std adjustable trigger
Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2023 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
It appears to be a single set trigger with a long adjustment screw. I’ve attached two photos showing both the single set and the double set triggers. Years ago when I bought the single set it didn’t have the set screw or the the elongated knockoff sear that it takes on the inside. I ordered the necessary parts from Wyoming Armory and it works great. Need to look at the schematic to see what it would need as I don’t recall exactly the necessary parts.

Richard
Crown-C Ranch in the Flinthills
NRA Life Member
ASSRA Member # 10366
Member & Founders Society, Cody Firearms Museum
Veteran

IP Logged

drrjc
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Dec 27th, 2023 at 11:10am
Print Post  
Thanks yet again Bob, Ken, Jack.
These are really good phtotos (and the parts diagram, too -- and prettier than my rifle). And also, my photos could have been misleading because the other parts -- all there, and all working -- are disassembled & sitting in the customary Tupperware container. The deal is that I did not know what kind of trigger it was. I did try to make it "set' by pushing forward -- maybe too gently, and without turning the adjustment screw. All of this info will definitely sort things out once all the pieces are re-assembled. Thanks again & Happy 2024 to all.

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Dec 27th, 2023 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
If you need to reinstall the trigger catch and trigger make a short pin (I use a nail) to hold the catch, spring and trigger together. The pin needs to not stick out on either side.  Then position the assembly in the lower tang and use the correct pin to push out the temporary one.   If you have 3  hands this may not be necessary. 

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
Plethora?  You say I have a plethora?.

IP Logged

drrjc
Participating Member

Reply #18 - Dec 29th, 2023 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Thanks. Sounds just like the slave-pin needed to reassemble the sear-disconnector setup on Colt Cold Cup 1911's. Meanwhile, .... still working on growing that 3rd arm .....

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Dec 29th, 2023 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
Good luck.  Three hands will make you a killer juggler.

ASSRA # 11318
Plethora?  You say I have a plethora?.

IP Logged

drrjc
Participating Member

Reply #20 - Dec 31st, 2023 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
More High-Wall trigger-related questions: The attachments are photos of the Trigger Return Spring. I have looked at others in order to obtain a spare -- and have not seen any that have this lengthwise (? strain relief?) slit that appears to be original. Did it really leave the factory like that? And second, there's the Jan 29, 1901 Patent Date -- that I have not seen on others listed for sale, either. As ever, any info is greatly appreciated (and best New Year 2024 to all). Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint