Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What started it all! (Read 27895 times)
Bozo
Ex Member

Re: What started it all!
Reply #15 - Mar 26th, 2012 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Hello Dick,

That is beautiful.  I always loved the looks of the trade guns and the French Fusil de Chasse.  I have three Springfield Trapdoors, two rifles and a Carbine (cut Down rifle).  I want to convert one of the rifles to a Sporter.  I have a Radar Carver Duplicator, recently purchased, and have altered a Trapdoor stock to a pistol grip - as a pattern.  I am waiting for setup instructions from Radar Carve to make sure I know what I have done/doing before turning a nice piece of wood into firewood.   I would like to use a double set trigger but because of the main spring on them I will be diffcult to work into a pistol grip.  Any help with using a set trigger on a pistol grip stock would be appreciated.  I have two locks with tumblers in them and a single set trigger made from castings from an original Trapdoor Officers model, from The Rifle Shoppe, but I would like to use double set triggers.

thank you!
Phil

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #16 - Mar 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, almost forgot, being a muzzle loader at heart, I also have a drop in .45 cal. m/l barrel for this rifle. It's one that Numrich made in the 1950's when m/l's were scarce, but TD's plentiful. It shoots really good, but I don't use it much anymore. I have way too much fun with the 45-70. Oh, Strawhat, if you're interested in the English sporting Rifle, I'll see if I still can find pix of it. It went to a new home quite some time ago. 

Dick

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb. - Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

StrawHat

Reply #17 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:26am
Print Post  
Dick, always interested in photos.

I remember the ads, "Convert your tired trapdoor into a muzzle loader!"  Wish I could find some of the cast off barrels and actions!

Any unshared knowledge taken to the grave is wasted.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #18 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Sorry SH, but there is a "fox in circle" that somehow got on the drum bolster of this barrel. So you can see why it has to stay with a tradegun.  Roll Eyes

Trapdoor flintlock, here's a start.

Dick

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb. - Benjamin Franklin

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #19 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
other side

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Lock. This should give you an idea. There's a lot more detail than shows in these pix, but you undeerstand.

Dick

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #21 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Hey Group. I am sorry I've sorta gone for a while. My lovely soul-mate of 48 years, at the end of April/ first of June this year (2012) suffered a major heart attack, open heart surgery and stroke, all at the same time. This is a woman who, outside giving birth to our three sons, had never been in a hospital for her own purposes. I'm still trying to catch up on gun work and just plain stuff. She's seemingly doing OK, but not all is OK yet. Thanks fellows and gals for those that did know, for your payers and welkl wishers. You all are the greatest. 

Dick

IP Logged

NF Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Jul 30th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Dick, I hope every thing turns out well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

IP Logged

Cat_Whisperer
Frequent Elocutionist

No 1, 9.3x74R

Reply #23 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Dick  -  our prayers are with y'all.

Keep us posted as you can.

Cat Whisperer (trk)
Chief of Smoke
Pulaski Coehorn Works and Skunk Works
Drafted May 1970, Retired Maj. U.S.Army
assra #9885
IP Logged

Chuckster
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Jul 31st, 2012 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Dick,
We have missed you. Heard there was a problem, but did not realize how serious it was. Best wishes and prayers for you and your lovely wife.
Chuck

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Our Prayers are with you and your family Dick and welcome back.

J.Louis

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

james a pickup
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Aug 1st, 2012 at 10:03am
Print Post  
Welcome back. I just lost my Mother in law, she went to the ER because she did not feel good,was there for 24 hours.Then they sent her home, and she died as soon as got home.I will miss her, i actually liked my mother in law.No idea yet as what she died of.

IP Logged

trapdoor Dick
Oldtimer

Reply #27 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Thanks all for your prayers and well wishes. Mywife is home after three weeks in cardiac ICU and three weeks ofstep down in a PT home. She's gaining weight and steadily improving. I hope I can get back to building pretty soon. I owe a few guns out there, but everyone has been patient with be. Two are Gemmer Hawkens, so will kep you in touch. I hope a few of you liked the article I put in the Journal about the Gemmers. Maybe some conversion articles might be interesting. What thinkest all out there?

Glad to be back,  Dick

IP Logged

John Boy
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Aug 17th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Glad to be back

Dick and glad to hear the Mrs is on the mend back to normal health.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint