Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TC Encore Schutzen (Read 25388 times)
K38
Participating Member

Re: TC Encore Schutzen
Reply #30 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Boats,

Does the ASSRA have rules that do not permit Contender and Encore actions?  The barrel rule should not be a big problem as Bullberry will make a 30" barrel.  They did not say that was their limit just that they would make one that long.  The stocks are pretty cheap and one could take one and cut and glue some extra wood to get a prototype, then have someone make a pretty one.  I am still leaning towards the Encore as it is a bit bigger and will take a bigger diameter barrel.  There is a rimfire adapter for the Encore as well.

Dwight

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #31 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
There is no rule against Contender or Encore actions.

Dale53

IP Logged

K38
Participating Member

Reply #32 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Thanks Dale,

I was getting a bit confused.

Dwight

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #33 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 7:22am
Print Post  
K38

Did Bulberry say anything about throats for Breech Seating in his Miller chambers ?

Boats

IP Logged

horsefly
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Good morning, Boats;

The site I was looking at is (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links); They are not schuetzen stocks per se, but the two thumb holers have a lot more cheek piece than most stocks.  In walnut, they are only about $45.  For that you could give one the bondo treatment and then cut what you want.

Y'all be good.

horsefly

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 10:14am
Print Post  
boats;
         The 32 Miller I have [JGS] has the throat as part of the reamer. I would assume that since the cartridge is used for breechseating only, that all reamers would come throat attached unless ordered otherwise.   leadball

PS  I believe this is a JGS stock reamer [no extra cost]

IP Logged

First_Shirt
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Mr. Hoss Fly,

Thanks for that link...pretty neat li'l site.  Folks might also be interested to know that he's got patterns for several other single shot rifles...just have to dig around a bit to find them.

I think, that for my use, the "roll over" cheekpiece pattern will suffice.  Just add my favorite hooked buttplate, a little bit of rasping, and I think it'll be just dandy.  Time to get serious about finding a barrel, now.

Greg

PS...here's a link for Match Grade Machine, another possible barrel source.  They ain't cheap, but they start with Shilen blanks.  As long as you don't want fluting, muzzlebreaks, and those sorts of things, I guess the prices aren't too bad.   

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2006 at 12:30pm by »  

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #37 - Jan 6th, 2006 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Thanks guys,  Leadball thanks on the reamer advice too.

I had a look at the site. Those  buttstocks could work very well.

I am at a little disavantage as we are sanding floors in my house and my books are packed up.  Ken Walters "Ned Roberts and the Single shot rifle book: Has details on many old shooters and the rifles they used. Lots of them used light tip up designs and some of the stocks are  not unlike a T/C's. it will be a week before I can look at it though.

The Stevens handy rifles stocks could be a nice pattern too. If the rifle is about 9 lbs and balanced like a modern sporter you don't need much hook to the buttplate. 

Boats

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint