Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) What is your favorite Rifle & Why? (Read 21810 times)
Shooter
Ex Member

Re: What is your favorite Rifle & Why?
Reply #30 - Jan 2nd, 2006 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
I love my rollers, trapdoor, and Ruger #1s, but, I would have to say my Contenders and Encores because I can drag them through the woods and not worry about scratching them or reducing the collector value.
Best,
Mike
Central Va.

IP Logged

Ray_Newman
Senior Forum Member

Reply #31 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Quote The Green Frog: "My favorite rifle is one I am getting to shoot at any given time! "

Yup....l

If have more than 1 rifle, ea. one is unique & you value each for that.

ASSRA Life #194
YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #32 - Jan 3rd, 2006 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Ray;
Well said.

Dale53

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #33 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Let me add that at times, my favorite rifle seems to be the one I am trying to buy/find/get at that moment.  Like a schoolboy with a crush on the homecoming queen, it seems like that rifle becomes the center of the universe until I have it and the next "pretty face" comes along.  I'm not fickle, of course, it's just that my tastes change!  Roll Eyes   

That's my latest story and I'm sticking to it...until I change my mind!  Grin

Froggie

IP Logged

rafter-7
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Jan 4th, 2006 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Grin  I am a sucker for a .22 rimfire with a nice butt set trigger and some hand cut checkering!!! Shocked as song as it has style and grace!

this one makes my knees week every time i look at it , hold it  and shoot it. Strativarious violin??? not quite but it also makes sweet music to my ears!!!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

No. 7 remington rolling block lift tang beeches front and .22 lr

rafter-7

IP Logged

JDSteele
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jan 5th, 2006 at 4:37pm
Print Post  
Ray, you gotta remember what Ken Hurst said about The Frog:

".......and then he rushed off in four different directions at once."

But he sure has the right idea about favorites.
Highest regards, Joe

PS: or on second thought was that what Froggie said about Ken?............hmmm.....

IP Logged

cam0063
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Jan 8th, 2006 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
With a couple of single shot rifle projects at the smiths and not in my greedy hungry fingers to head the list. The rifle that grabs me every time I open the gun safe, is a .243 Mannlicher Schoenauer fullwood carbine. All the Schoenauers are a beautiful rifles to me... Once I have my martini .22k hornet customised some more and the other 2 single shot BPCR's finished, the order is bound to change. But at the end of the day everything in the safe is a favourite from time to time, even an old custom win '94 that rides in the ute [pickip]I use for pigs... It's all fun.

Cam...

IP Logged

dick_eesley

Reply #37 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
green frog  better quit fooling around and get a ballard  you can't beat that caming action

IP Logged

Schutzenbob
Frequent Elocutionist

Rheinisch-Westfälisc
hen Sprengstoff-Fabriken

Reply #38 - Jan 9th, 2006 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
As to my favorite rifle, I agree with Green Frog, only I would add that “only accurate rifles are interesting.” The rifles I like are the ones that will hold their own in competition, either center fire at 200 yards, 22 Long Rifle at 100 yds. or a gallery rifle at 75 ft. Although Ballard rifles are “A1 Special” and Stevens rifles are “Ideal”, I find that my true “favorite” is the Winchester highwall and sometimes lowwall. Both of these fine actions are easy to operate, easy to load and extremely strong, I would also add that they are very forgiving. To borrow from Will Rogers “I’ve never met a Winchester Single Shot I didn’t like.”

Bob 

IP Logged

Sharpsman
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Jan 24th, 2006 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Well...I own 9 of the darn things but....I don't think I've got my favorite yet! It's being made....by Steve Meacham! Grin Grin

IP Logged

vigillinus
Ex Member

Reply #40 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
High Wall.  Strongest of all the classics, good looking, AND (which noone has mentioned altho very important) almost complete interchangeability of parts.  Needs a through stock bolt though, which is not too difficult to install.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint