Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Brass (Read 460 times)
sportslube
Oldtimer

Brass
Aug 31st, 2024 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
A young man wants to help his grand father find some 6.5x58r brass.  Any one know where he could find some.
Thanks in advance 
Sportslube

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Brass
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2024 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
I assume it is 6.5x58R Sauer and not the Danish. Looks like he will have to get on Quality Cartridge's list to make some. It's good brass. Buffalo Arms and Grafs are out of stock but he can get on their lists. I don't know whether they stock Qual Cart or Bertram when they do have it but Bertram is also out of stock. Sometimes it will show up on Gunbroker or International. It can be made from several different cartridges. I have used 9.3x72R with a little care but the neck will probably have to be reamed. The Danish can be found or made from 8x58R Danish by necking down. Good luck.

IP Logged

sportslube
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2024 at 9:58pm
Print Post  
Amos i will pass it on

IP Logged

condorsc

NRA Life/Benefactor, ASSRA,
SCV Life

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2024 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
oneatatime wrote on Sep 1st, 2024 at 12:12pm:
I assume it is 6.5x58R Sauer and not the Danish. Looks like he will have to get on Quality Cartridge's list to make some. It's good brass. Buffalo Arms and Grafs are out of stock but he can get on their lists. I don't know whether they stock Qual Cart or Bertram when they do have it but Bertram is also out of stock. Sometimes it will show up on Gunbroker or International. It can be made from several different cartridges. I have used 9.3x72R with a little care but the neck will probably have to be reamed. The Danish can be found or made from 8x58R Danish by necking down. Good luck.

Why not ask CH if they can make dies for 9.3X72R? Should be around $120 for a 2-die set. Better determine first which 9.3X72R you need.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Sep 4th, 2024 at 12:35am
Print Post  
Since he just mentioned needing brass I would guess that he already has 6.5x58R dies. The only mention of 9.3x72R was that you could use that brass to make 6.5x58R brass with a little careful work.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint