Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic new to the forum (Read 490 times)
Judge 1879
Participating Member

new to the forum
Jul 8th, 2024 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
hello all, im Patrick AKA Judge, i have just recently discovered the world of Single Shot Rifles and i am hooked! Marlin Ballards are what i have as of now but i just keep finding and buying more. currently i have 2 #5 Pacifics and a #4 1/2 A1. Marlinman has been beyond fantastic in guiding me. as i grow my collection im sure i will have many questions. i have 3 more rifles that i have on hold at my local Pawn Broker, a 6 1/2 ballard and a #9 Union Hill model, as well as a Remington Hepburn. they also have a Frank Wesson double trigger with a low 3 digit serial number that i may or may not look into, priced well i believe 500.00. sorry i did not keep that short.  i look forward to being a part of this great group.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: new to the forum
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2024 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
I really enjoy shooting my Frank Wesson 2 trigger convertible. It might be worth your time to discover what cartridge it is in.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2024 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Judge 1879 wrote on Jul 8th, 2024 at 7:49pm:
hello all, im Patrick AKA Judge, i have just recently discovered the world of Single Shot Rifles and i am hooked! Marlin Ballards are what i have as of now but i just keep finding and buying more. currently i have 2 #5 Pacifics and a #4 1/2 A1. Marlinguy has been beyond fantastic in guiding me. as i grow my collection im sure i will have many questions. i have 3 more rifles that i have on hold at my local Pawn Broker, a 6 1/2 ballard and a #9 Union Hill model, as well as a Remington Hepburn. they also have a Frank Wesson double trigger with a low 3 digit serial number that i may or may not look into, priced well i believe 500.00. sorry i did not keep that short.  i look forward to being a part of this great group.

Glad you found the ASSRA and joined! You'll find even more help than what I've been able to assist you with here.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Flatlander
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Welcome to the madness.
Flatlander

NRA Life
ASSRA Member 3197
Charcoal Burner

IP Logged

northwoodneil

Reply #4 - Jul 12th, 2024 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Welcome aboard from Wisconsin.

IP Logged

yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

Reply #5 - Jul 13th, 2024 at 11:27am
Print Post  
Welcome 
I’ve been an ASSRA member since 1985, my only regret is that I didn’t buy a life membership. 40 years an annual member. We are a diverse group, personally I love and shoot German schuetzen rifles.
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint