Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another rabbit hole... (Read 2321 times)
JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Re: Another rabbit hole...
Reply #15 - May 20th, 2024 at 12:44am
Print Post  
Do either of these (poor quality) pics help you? If not, let me know what you need, or I can try and take better pics in the daylight.

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - May 20th, 2024 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Bingo I got it! Thank you so much. I do see one correction and that is the tiny "bridge" section where the sear return spring plunger rests on. Mine is apparently a little too wide. I will make this correction. The drawings I have and folks sent me did not have any machining tolerances so I implemented my own. Mostly .010 on machined parts and about the same on the clearance on the block to mortice fit. Since I don't have an original to scale I just came up with .010. If it doesn't function well or appears too tight I just remove another thousands or two. The firing pin hole is I think a little too big at .098 but if it is a problem I can always install a removable bushing with a couple capture screws. Again thank you for your effort. Got some good folks here...

JMH

IP Logged

JerryH
Frequent Elocutionist

ASSRA Member #10876

Reply #17 - May 20th, 2024 at 10:16am
Print Post  
You're very welcome. Glad I could help.

I'm not a complete idiot, some of my parts are missing.

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - May 27th, 2024 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Another problem has arised and I hope I got the fix right. When I open the action the block lowers about 1/4 inch before the firing pin starts to retract causing it to "drag" across the primer. I figured out through elimination the pin through the front of the firing pin wasn't traveling far enough forward to contact the pieces that retract it the instant the block drops. I couldn't take any material off the firing pin so I re drilled the hole depening it after some careful measuring. After shortening the firing pin tip to extend .050 it now immediately retracts. Understand I machined the block from drawings and the original unusable casting so I knew they would be some adjustments. Hope I "fixed" the right thing. Well it works now anyway...

JMH

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint