Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Weihrauch HW52 centerfire? (Read 365 times)
JeffG
Participating Member

Weihrauch HW52 centerfire?
Mar 28th, 2024 at 11:29am
Print Post  
Are the Weihrauch HW52 rimfire and centerfire rifles all the same (except for firing pin orientation, of course)?

I'm gathering from the scant internet information that Weihrauch firearms (, opposed to their airguns,) are all from small-run manufacturing in the late 50's until early 70's

I have Weihrauch HW52 (Beeman branded) centerfire action, with DST, and I'm curious about when it was manufactured, (it has the compound sear trigger (also a small run, apparently, ref: HW52 trigger evolution/de-evolution thread on here from 10 years ago)

It came to me without any barrel, (and it was clean enough to believe it may never have had a barrel), and an odd-sized extractor (.422" rim)
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2024 at 11:36am by JeffG »  

IP Logged

chuckjordan2

Re: Weihrauch HW52 centerfire?
Reply #1 - Apr 4th, 2024 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Definitive Answers to your questions will be difficult.    I have had a few in rimfire cals (.22lr, 4mm Zimmerstutzen). Emailed the Weihrauch factory years ago and nobody there knows.  All the skilled craftsmen that worked these beauties left/retired in the mid to late 1970's. 

I cannot locate me Advert from the 1950's, however if I recall the only CF caliber was .22 hornet (?).  You may want to search if I posted one of those Advert here years ago?   I know they had 1 CF caliber along with .22lr and 4mm Zimmerstutzen. 

If your thinking of making it into a 8.15x46R you can forget about that.   I researched that and had a well known smith check the receiver walls and they're too thin.   Also the metal used in the beginning (the line was started in 1952 after the war that devastated the German industry) was weak and inferior early on.   Not saying it didn't improve over the years, it did, just saying early on the metal was weaker.

And yes there is a different firing pin and block between RF and CF.

Hope this helps
Chuck

IP Logged

JeffG
Participating Member

Reply #2 - Apr 5th, 2024 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Thank You Chuck, You are the clear  forum authority on these rifles, and You have fielded my other questions about this one, 

I believe these were also factory chambered in 222 Rem and 5,6x50R. My earlier questions, ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) )

Here is Your earlier post (with advertisement) about the trigger evolution, ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) )

, and more, ( (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) )

Mine is being reborn with an octagon barrel from BRC, chambered in 224 Valkyrie (which matches the .422" rim extractor in my receiver)
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2024 at 2:00pm by JeffG »  

IP Logged

SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2024 at 5:45am
Print Post  
I saw one a few months back chambered in 8,15x46R but it was a first and last time. They are fairly common here in Germany in 22 Hornet.

Halt Fest! Ziel Gut! Schiess Fleck!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint