Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) New CPA (Read 3429 times)
boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: New CPA
Reply #30 - Mar 19th, 2024 at 6:50am
Print Post  
Think I set the record for longest CPA delivery. Mid 1990’s Knew I was going to be working outside the US for 3 years. Put a dozen US Military rifles up for sale with a consignment dealer. 03’s & older.  Dealer wrote the checks to CPA as they sold.

Paul built my dream rifle. Pope style Schuetzen Fancy wood, etc. Engraving planned postponed until after delivery. 22 - 32/40 MVA sights. Parsons replica 20x STS. All the accessories, Mold bullet seater palm rest Pope style Dell lube sizer and more.

CPA shipped the rifle to arrive week after returning home. Everything perfect not a single issue . 

Boats

IP Logged

RJ-35-40

Reply #31 - Mar 24th, 2024 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
NEW CPA OWNERSHIP... ?

Whatt..?

Did Gail sell the company?

One nice aspect of buying a CPA is going to Dingmans Ferry, and sorting through the available wood for a stock and then finishing it yourself.

RJ

PS My serial number is about 820 ish bought back about 23 years ago.

IP Logged

nuclearcricket
Oldtimer

Reply #32 - Mar 26th, 2024 at 10:00am
Print Post  
Yes CPA is under new management. I think, but don't quote me, the shop foreman purchased the company. I have been told that Gail still is in the shop helping out and such. Very nice people to do business with for sure. I need to make a trip up one of these days and have them do a barrel for me. And maybe take the time to pick out a piece of wood to have them turn a stock for me. 
Sam

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #33 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Good!  Now you can bring it to the Chinquapin event the last Friday and Saturday in June and show it off!
Froggie

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #34 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Green_Frog wrote on Mar 27th, 2024 at 2:37pm:
Good!  Now you can bring it to the Chinquapin event the last Friday and Saturday in June and show it off!
Froggie

Man I miss being back east and shooting where it is green! I would  really like to shoot with you guys sometime  Smiley

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

RayH
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #35 - Mar 27th, 2024 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Scott, come to Chinquapin. I can guarantee you a warm welcome and a fun time. Your presence would be our pleasure as well.

In GOD We Trust

IP Logged

TheLooseMoose

Reply #36 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 10:24am
Print Post  
I ordered my rifle from Gail several years ago with two barrels in 45-70 and 22lr. I had them use exhibition quality wood that Gail selected and had them deliver it in sanded but unfinished condition. I thoroughly enjoyed finishing the wood myself with a beautiful tung and walnut oil finish. I get compliments every time it comes out of the case and it shoots really well. They had the rifle in my hands within 6 months and the rifles very first use was at the 30th anniversary Quigley match. I ordered the 45-70 with a Douglas barrel in a fast 1:15 twist. It has quite the torque in your hands but I’ve definitely noticed better stability beyond 600yds compared to my slower twist highwalls and sharps barrels.

IP Logged

watchthewind
Oldtimer

Reply #37 - Apr 30th, 2024 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Moose beautiful rifle thanks for sharing!
Scott

ASSRA Member # 11408

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint