Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Help Inherited Stevens Favorite 1915 32 caliber (Read 364 times)
GPS72

Help Inherited Stevens Favorite 1915 32 caliber
Mar 4th, 2024 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone, this is my first post to this forum. I inherited a Stevens Favorite 1915 and I'm 95% sure its chambered in 32 caliber. The gun needs some help and I want to get it back in working order if I can. Here is what I know it needs as of today.

1- Extractor. The current one is missing the extractor plug and the extractor spring doesn't look too good. 

2. Main Spring Sleeve. This is completely missing. 

What I'm looking for is any advice on things I need to watch out for or do to make this rebuild successful and any suggestions on where I can go to get replacement parts? 

Thanks for any help and advice you can offer.

IP Logged

Sure shot
Oldtimer

Re: Help Inherited Stevens Favorite 1915 32 caliber
Reply #1 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Welcome to the site. Finding parts for  Stevens 1915 favorites is relatively easy since there were lots of them made. Wisner's Inc., and Jack First Gun Parts both sell newly manufactured replacement parts for favorites. The 1915 favorites were made in .22LR, .25 Stevens RF, and .32 long rimfire.  A few were made in .22 WRF. The 1915's in .22LR have the ejector,  all of the other calibers have a plain extractor, so there is likely nothing wrong with your extractor, unless it is slipping over the cartridge rim and not extracting the cartridge. Many people have the .32 rimfire favorites lined to a .22LR to convert them avoid an obsolete cartridge.

IP Logged

GPS72

Reply #2 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 8:44am
Print Post  
I called Wisner yesterday and they told me they don't have the extractor for the 32 and he felt it would be hard for me to find one. He did mention that I should consider converting to a .22. I may do that.

IP Logged

Sure shot
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Mar 5th, 2024 at 9:48am
Print Post  
You could watch ebay for a. 32 rimfire extractor, parts for favorites show up there often.  Be careful buying parts on ebay, as sometimes sellers sell usless worn out parts, and or really over price things. You could also post a wtb on here, maybe someone could help you out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint