Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sporting Rifle & Rook Match (Read 217 times)
85lc

Sporting Rifle & Rook Match
Aug 19th, 2023 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
I received this announcement of a neat Sporting Rifle & Rook Match to be held in October.  While I am not one of the sponsors, I though I would share it with everyone.   

Please see the following announcement.   

"Myself and Tom Rowe would like to bring attention to a specific part of arms making history that seems to be missing in today’s shooting world - Sporting Rifles of the 19th Century; Platinum Age of Gunmaking.  This event is very much about the rifles themselves, plus the camaraderie that goes along with great rifles.
     "The event will take place at the Oak Ridge Sportsman Association (ORSA) in Oak Ridge, TN. 1st match will be on Friday afternoon 1pm, October 13, 2023 and resume with the 2nd match on Saturday morning 9am.   We’ll have a catered dinner on the firing line (weather permitting) on Friday at 5pm. 
Sporting rifles of the 19th Century are arms designated for Sporting (hunting) use.  These arms may originate from any country and are typically single shot & half stock in nature.  The uniqueness of a particular arm itself, may put it into this unique Sporting category.   So, don’t hesitate to attend as there is much to be shared and knowledge gained. Rifles shall use lead cast bullets and appropriate powder in which the arm was designed.   

"Note: There are currently many matches for .22lr, Double Rifles, Military, Schuetzen and Target rifles – such as my Creedmoor 150 match.  Tom & I would like to focus on Rook & Sporting Rifles for this match.
These Sporting rifles would have barrel sights a flat butt plate and no supporting apparatus for the shooter.  The shooter is expected to shoot the rifle without the support of any artificial mechanism or part of the body – supported in the shoulder with one hand on the grip and the other grasping the forend.   
We’ll be shooting paper at 25, 50 & 100 yards - 5 shots at each target/distance within a specified time.   

Cost of the event will be $35.  ($10 to ORSA + $25 caterer).

Send check or confirmation to:
Rick Weber
902 Thurmer Circle
Lenoir City, TN  37772
ricksweber@gmail.com

NRA Life Member, ASSRA Life Member, GGCA Life Member

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint