Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Fired the new Heat-Treat oven today! (Read 1841 times)
idjeffp
Senior Forum Member

Re: Fired the new Heat-Treat oven today!
Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2023 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Thanks for sharing Gimp!
I too comtemplated building my own oven as well.. Lots of info online about such now with modern materials using a now inexpensive PID controller. Was also looking for a small dentistry type oven but always seemed to missout on those. 
Jeff P

IP Logged

TheGimp
Participating Member

Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2023 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
I don't remember how I got the glass insulation. It is Cer-Wool RT-8 mat from Premier Refractories in King of Prussia PA. I still have one box with a roll that is marked 1X24X300. I was hoping to make a copula furnace for casting brass with it, but never got around to the project.

Steven

Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean they Aren't out to get me!

IP Logged

bobw
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2023 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Wow, the oven I ordered just showed up.  This seems to be a very good company.  I ordered the 8th in the morning, got an email from fedex that they delivered it to Florida at 4;00 pm that same day.  I thought, oh boy, was this deal a scam!  When I got the email that night I sent an email with all the documents attached, thinking all along they will just tell me they had no order.  At 8:12 the next morning I had an email telling me they had been in contact with fedex, and that fedex had messed up the information and the oven would be delivered either this day/Friday or Saturday/today.  And here it is.  Nothing like a good old American Company!
Bob

Robert Warren

IP Logged

idjeffp
Senior Forum Member

Reply #18 - Jun 10th, 2023 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Congrats Bob! 
Yup a nice group of folks to work with there Smiley
Jeff P

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint