Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic More Hauck ideas. (Read 854 times)
gwahir
Senior Forum Member

Ve gets too soon olt und
too late shmart.

More Hauck ideas.
Mar 25th, 2023 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
My Hauck wanderings from the beaten path have included the development of a rebounding hammer system; works very well. I now want to deal with an issue de Haas mentioned; the lack of a 'loading' position to place the top of the block even with the bottom of the chamber to make loading easier and faster. As it is the block drops until it contacts the pin through the side wall which apparently no Hauck, other than my original, has. This is at the point where extraction is complete. The block is quite happy to sit there, with the extractor all the way back, about .125" below the bottom of the chamber,  while another round is loaded. The extractor is in the way and the block must be raised with the lever to reach the loading height. I would like it to raise up that distance, after extraction, to be even with the bottom of the chamber...
I will loose some sleep over this, but at my age, sleep is over rated!
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2023 at 12:45pm by gwahir »  

IP Logged

gwahir
Senior Forum Member

Ve gets too soon olt und
too late shmart.

Re: More Hauck ideas.
Reply #1 - Mar 28th, 2023 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
A few days later, I have been able to design a system for raising the block to the loading position. The main player in this operation is the pin through the side wall which stops the dropping of the block when the extraction  is completed.
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
I used a plunger through the block in a position where it would contact the pin. The block would continue to drop against spring pressure, until extraction is complete and the pin would contact the block. Then, as the lever is released, the plunger raises the block until it's top is level with the bottom of the chamber. Mission completed! Although it was not my objective, the contact between the block and the pin is cushioned by the spring; quiet!
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2023 at 11:35pm by gwahir »  

IP Logged

gwahir
Senior Forum Member

Ve gets too soon olt und
too late shmart.

Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2023 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
This screw on the top of the block retains the plunger. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Here are the parts. I had to use a stronger spring than the one pictured here. Then I put the smaller spring inside the larger spring. That works! (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

This is how it works. With the block raised to the loading position the extractor retracts and the case slides right in with no resistance.

The front of the block and the Mann-Neidner firing pin system. (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2023 at 10:47am by gwahir »  

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2023 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Nice work!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint