Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) about Dehass Miller and Hoch single shot action. (Read 2695 times)
BudHyett

Re: about Dehass Miller and Hoch single shot action.
Reply #15 - Aug 8th, 2023 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
bullshop wrote on Jan 18th, 2023 at 5:58pm:
So is there anyone here that has any experience with the Hoch single shot action ?

Yes, my action and another. Neither experience would encourage us to build another one. My first impression was the action looked like a miniature tank turret. One caution: These actions are not heat-treated or case-hardened. 

The first action was a problem to find a stock. By the time I bought the action, Hoch was no longer building them and few people had heard of them. I finally got a stock from Hoch. I chambered the rifle in .30-30 with a custom leade for cast bullets. I wanted to shoot ASSRA and CBA Plain Base classes. The rifle shot well. 

The second action was chambered in a .219 Donaldson Wasp.  With this high-pressure cartridge the body of the action stretched in about a thousand rounds to give excess headspace.

Overall, my own experience and knowing the second rifle, I would not buy another Hoch action. While these problems can be fixed with the greater expenditure of money, it is not worth the effort.

Country boy from Illinois living in the magical Pacific Northwest
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint