Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Semi Historical Hunting Photo (Read 3005 times)
rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Semi Historical Hunting Photo
Reply #15 - Apr 7th, 2022 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
John, that is a good example of my reference to armchair biologists. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I am sure it was voters who enacted the ban on hunting mountain lions in the late great state of California, not the wildlife biologists you pay for to make those decisions based on sound game management. I saw the writing on the wall, and left fifty years ago. I am though, running out of places to go. Colorado I see is getting ready to vote on the re-introduction of wolves to the state. I tried Alaska, but it was just too damn cold for a California born and raised.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Apr 7th, 2022 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
John, I might also point out that seeing two cats 15 miles apart, unless in a very short time frame, might very well be the same cat, as they range over a very large area, especially when they run out of deer, pets, and children to prey on. I hope you don't think I am actually that callous John.

rkba2nd

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 7th, 2022 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
You are indeed probably correct! 
The Sierra Club, Animal Rights organizations and others now have some Legislation Powers but they only use it for their own personal Benefits.
Good example being is if they want to clear a Forest to build a new Ski Resort for thier use it is all OK with them.   
My Wife's Uncle owned some beach front property in Monterey California and he wanted to build a real nice Hotel and not Motel for us average folks to be able too come to and to enjoy. Hell No it did not Benefit them and they shot it down.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Apr 8th, 2022 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
If you want a fight, suggest an open season on wild horses during a dry Nevada summer (that's every year). Those beasts commandeer the water and much of the grass, leaving deer and other critters struggling more than should be. Even though they weren't here until the dingbat Spaniards lost them in the desert, they are the ones with not just State, but Federal protection.

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Apr 8th, 2022 at 6:40pm
Print Post  
CF and sadly they are being for more taken care of than some of our own elderly folks.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Apr 9th, 2022 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I saw a news clip a couple of months back where a mountain lion was roaming around in Great Falls, MT. Not just around the edges, but deep in the center of town, near where I've eaten at a mom and pop place on a visit.

I have a friend in another okay sized town that had grizzly claw marks on their torn up chicken coop, about eleven feet off the ground. My wife and were just visiting with other friends who ranch in wolf country. When they could be controlled as pests, they become wary. It was a few short years ago that they sat at the edges of fields like dogs, watching the hands hay and snatching pets and calves.

Probably, the worst wildlife can be town deer, especially the mulies, now and then they snort at folks and look a little aggressive. I think most wildlife are more predictable when they sort of know the pecking order, and it doesn't hurt to have a pistol near by.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint