Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) DZ Hepburn teaser (Read 3025 times)
Gard72977

Re: DZ Hepburn teaser
Reply #15 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Lead Pot, what stock design is your rifle? It look close to a standard hepburn with out the rounded bottom pistol grip. I really like it.

I went with the Walker style so this is different than my other Hepburns. I figured since its a replica i would do what i wanted without worrying about it being correct. I love the rounded grips of hepburns.

My rifle is being sen to Wyoming armory for color case hardening. I didnt request them it just came up in conversation with Dan.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Lead Pot wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 3:09pm:

I had it chambered in the .38-50 Rem Hepburn.

The cases were a tight fit, I sure could have used Glenns case seater I ordered from him Cheesy to get the breach closed on most of the rounds. I had to use a hand pusher for all but a couple. The head space for this Winchester brass might be a little snug but extracting the fired cases did not stick.

When did you order your seater? Last one I mailed out was 12/31 so should be there by now.

If there is one action that can use the seater when shooting BP with PP, it is the Hepburn due to its small size.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels

IP Logged

Lead Pot

Reply #17 - Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
SSShooter wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 9:55pm:
Lead Pot wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 3:09pm:

I had it chambered in the .38-50 Rem Hepburn.

The cases were a tight fit, I sure could have used Glenns case seater I ordered from him Cheesy to get the breach closed on most of the rounds. I had to use a hand pusher for all but a couple. The head space for this Winchester brass might be a little snug but extracting the fired cases did not stick.

When did you order your seater? Last one I mailed out was 12/31 so should be there by now.

If there is one action that can use the seater when shooting BP with PP, it is the Hepburn due to its small size.

I put the check in the mail on the 4th. 
It's probably rolling around in a truck some were. It took 17 days to send a scope 150 miles once.

Kurt

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jan 13th, 2022 at 10:46am
Print Post  
Here's my Hepburn I built about 15-16 yrs. ago.  Metal work is by John King and polish and wood is by me.  I used Dave Crosnoe wood with a Prince of Wales pistol grip. GM 3 1/2 wt barrel in half octagon. Caliber 38-50 RH and weighs 10lbs-8oz.Case color by Cody Ballard.

IP Logged

Lead Pot

Reply #19 - Jan 13th, 2022 at 10:54am
Print Post  
I like the single trigger. My fingers got so cold yesterday shooting mine so I did not set the trigger several times and even without setting it felt like maybe 2.5-3 pound pull.

Bring that rifle to Harris or Lodi I would like to see it.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jan 13th, 2022 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Old-Win, that is a beautiful stock line for a Hepburn.

IP Logged

Grand slam
Senior Forum Member

Reply #21 - Jan 14th, 2022 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Old-win,
Yes, very nice looking rifle a first class job on the stocking.
Cheers Richard

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - Jan 14th, 2022 at 9:15am
Print Post  
Lead Pot wrote on Jan 12th, 2022 at 10:46pm:

I put the check in the mail on the 4th. 
It's probably rolling around in a truck some were. It took 17 days to send a scope 150 miles once.
Kurt

Yes. Louis Dejoy has been a total disaster as the USPS post-master general. Doing everything he can to ruin the PO and turn everything over to UPS, Fedex and the like (of which Dejoy is an owner). If you live in a small town or rural area things will only get worse (longer times & higher prices with no responsibility) as these companies buy-off our politicians.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint