Normal Topic Fever (Read 1862 times)
yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

Fever
Sep 8th, 2020 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
100 degrees Sunday, high of 52 today. Got my deer hunting fever up. I’ve been practicing my offhand all summer. I’ll get that big buck this year.
Mike

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Fever
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2020 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Hunting with a Single Shot? Liver and onions over an open campfire sounds pretty darn good to me right now.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2020 at 1:10am
Print Post  
Mike,
I'm a little slow,  Embarrassed and you had me confused, I thought you were talking about yourself, a fever of 100 and then you went hypothermic at 52°, didn't make sense.  Now it does...   
When I lived for elk hunting, my neck use to swell, I'd be in rut for almost the entire month of September, carried a package of triple reed diaphragms in my pocket and any time I was behind the wheel driving I was practicing my bugle.  It's amazing the looks you get from people that don't live to hunt... those that did would give a thumbs up and a big grin... Then, draw a moose tag and spend most of a month perfecting the moose grunt... that really makes them look Grin
Greg

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2020 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Was that you I heard up in the Bighorns? That antler helmet really had me convinced;-)

IP Logged

GT
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2020 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
oneatatime wrote on Sep 9th, 2020 at 11:52am:
Was that you I heard up in the Bighorns? That antler helmet really had me convinced;-)

I'm sure it was, I use to wander those hills for close to 30 days every year slinging slivers... Grin that was part of my attire, fooled the cows but the bulls always knew better... now a guy doesn't dare where that stuff, the transplanted wolves and griz will think you're dinner being the slow moving one... Cheesy

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk"  T. A. Edison
"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that the lightning ain't distributed right" M.T.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint