Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Snider "Trade" custom Id has TT markings on barrel (Read 1062 times)
wsmrto
Participating Member

Snider "Trade" custom Id has TT markings on barrel
Sep 8th, 2019 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
CheesyAs I have been a member of this forum for several years but have not posted. Just learning from all of you.  I have been redirecting my collecting from WW2 back mainly Mausers, and older US.  to Single Shot breech loading cartridge rifles. I have been lucky enough to obtain quite a few Remington and Stevens Rolling //Falling blocks with a few Martini-Henry's, German Schuttzens, a few Ruger#1//#3's and a fantastic Falling Block works in 30-40 Krag AI. I have kinda been adding the various tipe of Snider's lately. Recently I obtained a Snider "Trade" Conversion. I have not been able to ID the custom modification to this action. I am attaching 20 + pics for your assistance.  I have had the oppertunity to discuss this beautiful rifle with Mr. Ian Skennerton and he also just confirs it is a top line conversion and more research to find thebuilder.  The bottem of the barrel has the "TT" marks for the builder Thomas Turner and a very faint name that appears to be Henry or Henri  Oliv--. The caliber is standard 577 Snider. Thanks much. wsmrto

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint