Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) should be read by all, and soon!!!!!!!! (Read 11290 times)
BP
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: should be read by all, and soon!!!!!!!!
Reply #15 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Sorry, Grisen.

I'm asking for the link to the details of Obama's upcoming Executive Order concerning guns...    the one you referenced when you said "That Executive Order concerning guns appears to be regarding broader application of Background Checks for Purchase of Guns."

There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading, the few who learn by observation, and the rest who have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
Proud Noodlehead

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
Sorry BP, they won't give me a copy... Cheesy Cry Roll Eyes Cool Grin Smiley

You will have to wait just like every one else.

Grisen

IP Logged

gewehrfreund
Senior Forum Member

Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 9:04am
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 6:58pm:

It doesn't need to see the light of day on the "floor".
Obama the Supreme Lawmaker will likely just issue another Executive Order.

Edit: The news has said Obama is putting the finishing touches on an Executive Order concerning guns, which is expected to be released next week.

Obama is way behind recent presidents in # of Executive Orders issued. He needs to "get cracking" least he look like an indecisive wimp. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

That Executive Order concerning guns appears to be regarding broader application of Background Checks for Purchase of Guns.

Grisen [/quote]

Well, I live in a NE state dominated by a single large urban area located off in one corner. The governor is an arrogant little spoiled prince dictator who illegally rammed through a draconian anti-gun law in the middle of the night without any public comment, and his worthless legislative lapdogs in both parties and houses let him do it. (the two leaders of the legislature are now headed to jail on federal corruption charges  Grin)

Anyway . . . . part of this anti-gun law made it a crime to sell guns to another private party without going through an FFL and having a NICS check done. I know of numerous "violations" of this law since it was enacted, and for the most part it has been a joke and ignored by a majority of gun owners in this state - from the "assault weapon"registration requirement to the private sale prohibition and the even crazier ammunition mail-order/private sale ban.

I expect Hussein Obama's illegal contravention of the Bill of Rights to have the same effect. . . . Cool

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 9:54pm:
BP,
Below are three links. There appear to be more -- seems this is a popular topic for data-lovers. A clever Google search should find most anything you want on this topic.

I posted a different one some month or two back but cannot find it again.

Enjoy!!
Grisen

Here is one compilation/summation by President. 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Here is another one.

And a third.

Thanks Grisen.

If you have a minute, look up "presidential memoranda". In a nutshell, some folks like to count executive orders because there is a recording requirement. It's not too tough to figure out that most of the president's actions, including gun right restrictions, have been through the memoranda process. He's also used this process to make major changes to ocare and immigration law, in secrecy, not by executive order. No wonder you can't get the wording for the new gun control plans.

I suspect they know that compliance will be low, but don't really care. Chances are there'll be the opportunity to make examples out of a few unlucky folks, and if there's any grandfather clause, it'll go away as folks die off and it will be a different future.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
Hi CraigD!

Thanks for suggestion. I did a bit more Googling and report two of many, many hits below. Got anymore pertinent guidance for future Googling?? Smiley

I Googled "presidential memorandum obama" and got following:

This citation contains many titles of Presidential Memoranda. Enjoy!!

I then Googled "presidential memorandum vs executive order" and got many hits, including one that might cause many posting here to say "Just what we thought!" Wink There are many other citations, many with same apparent theme.
Enjoy!!

Regards!
and
Thanks!
Grisen

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
What I have been hearing on the radio today indicates he wants to re define who in in the business of selling guns. My guess is that ANYONE who sells a gun will be considered to be in the business of selling guns. All sales will have to go through an FFL. This will add to the cost of buying and selling guns. It will also have little or no effect on the "gun violence". More executive orders will follow including "assault rifles", all semi automatic guns, with "sniper" rifles. If they eventually succeed in getting all guns out of the hands of private citizens it won't end the gun violence because criminals will still have guns and people will find other ways to commit violence on people. Lets hope congress has the stones to stop him from making law. That's not in his job description.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
slumlord44 wrote on Jan 1st, 2016 at 8:01pm:
What I have been hearing on the radio today indicates he wants to re define who in in the business of selling guns. My guess is that ANYONE who sells a gun will be considered to be in the business of selling guns. All sales will have to go through an FFL. This will add to the cost of buying and selling guns. It will also have little or no effect on the "gun violence". More executive orders will follow including "assault rifles", all semi automatic guns, with "sniper" rifles. If they eventually succeed in getting all guns out of the hands of private citizens it won't end the gun violence because criminals will still have guns and people will find other ways to commit violence on people. Lets hope congress has the stones to stop him from making law. That's not in his job description.

Hi Slumlord44!
What radio program? I am a near deaf old guy that does not even own a radio, or even a decently functioning TV. I read -- mostly Online newspapers from USA, Scandinavia, and various Russian-language ones(Russian and non-Russian).

I am confident that you can listen to anything on radio, especially on Talk-Radio, Rush Limbaugh, etc. for example, and TV, just as well as in print media. I seriously doubt that you read much, if any, of national news papers I do.

I would also point out that Obama is using time-honored tools that have been available to USA Presidents ever since USA became independent. SO, QUOTE ""Lets hope congress has the stones to stop him from making law. That's not in his job description."" Your quoted statement is incorrect. It is simply no more or less than parroting Congressional Republican's long ago sworn attempts to "Stop Obama by any means possible."

Regards,
Grisen

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #22 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 1:12am
Print Post  
KMOX in St. Louis. National news. Been all over. Don't know about you but I took Civics in high school. There is a Legislative, Judicial , and Executive Branch of government for a reason and their duty's are not interchangeable. The President can't make law. Try reading the constitution. Obama is not the first president to over step his authority.

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
By the way  you are arrogant to think you know what I read or don't read or much else about me. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, but do not judge me.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
slumlord44 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 1:15am:
By the way  you are arrogant to think you know what I read or don't read or much else about me. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine, but do not judge me.

Hi Slumlord44!

I asked, did not presume, although I did point out some possible choices that I hear highly touted by right-wingers. Thank you for correction.

Grisen

Re your previous post about High School Civics class. One thing I keep learning about such classes is that they are poor prep for the messy real world, especially in recent decades. Apparent joker is the incessant strife between 3 branches of Govt, as well as incessant attempts by both political parties to control what each branch actually does.

We probably diverge on our opinions of long term value of our High School education. Mine was not worth much. That of my children was much better, but still quite lacking. Hope you and yours fared much better.

Grisen

PS : Waited too long to find broadcast re Obama's intentions still available. Common problem with stuff on TV. Thanks for link -- will perhaps try again in coming week. 

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:01pm by svartkruttgris#369 »  

IP Logged

slumlord44
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #25 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
My opinion of my education and that of my children differs from yours. I graduated high school in 1962 and my wife in 1970. We often talk about the fact that back then you could make a decent living and support a family with a high school education. Today it takes at least a 4 year college education to do that. I see college graduates today who can't put together a complete sentence or balance a check book much less hold down a job that will allow them to be self sufficient.

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Hi Slumlord44!

Thanks for your brief history! Her is mine.

I left HS with diploma in 1967, spent summer looking for job -- none -- went to work for local banker doing what his main farmhand did before he needed major surgery. Banked enough $$$ to pay for 1 year in-state college or take off on extended foreign travel -- chose college, nearly flunked out 1st semester, got full tuition scholarship after 2nd -- graduated in 4,0 years. Still no decent jobs, so graduate school. THEN I started finding good jobs, each lasting almost precisely 3,5 years. 35 years later a sequence of 3 "Jobs from Hell" put end of my desire to ever again work for anyone else. Good Decision.

I have seen those "illiterate" college grads -- "we" never hired them. Their English was horrible!! My jobs often entailed educated competence in 2-3 languages. Even immigrant lab techs held those "illiterate college grads" in contempt -- their 2nd or 3rd language, English typically, command was better. 

Sad!! And now we see reporting in major USA newspapers about how the "middle-aged white males" are dying off at alarming rate -- somehow it all fits -- sad and worse.

Grisen

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #27 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
don1885 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:19pm:
Here is an interesting Federal law that seems pretty straight forward.

but it must not be; know of anyone who it might apply to? Roll Eyes

THAT sounds like just another "morbid" law that must have made numerous "someones" feel good. Maybe a law that was intended to be "dragged out and used" on special occasions, but not generally. Roll Eyes

I hate to find things like that when looking for something relavent that can actually be used.

What is your take on it?

Grisen

IP Logged

craigd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #28 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
svartkruttgris#369 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:59pm:
don1885 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:19pm:
Here is an interesting Federal law that seems pretty straight forward.

but it must not be; know of anyone who it might apply to? Roll Eyes

THAT sounds like just another "morbid" law that must have made numerous "someones" feel good. Maybe a law that was intended to be "dragged out and used" on special occasions, but not generally. Roll Eyes....

....What is your take on it?

Grisen

Sorry Grisen, I'm not Don here. 

One take on it might be that your response reads a bit like 'parroting' of the other party that doesn't get to run Congress at this time. This law may not be so obscure. Don't upper level state department folks have to sign binding agreements stating that they understand this law before starting a position or when resigning from service?

It's possible that a point might be that some high level officials do not face questions or consequences about their activities. How come?

IP Logged

svartkruttgris#369
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hi Craig!

A somewhat similar law that I have signed to honor more than once is specific as to kind and nature of information -- this one is not. There were also cross checks with persons/offices that controlled such specific information as to whether or not you had returned such materials.

Sure, copying such information was typically illegal, as was removing it improperly from allowed areas, transporting it improperly to other approved areas. In more sensitive areas, we and our briefcases, purses, etc. were checked on entry and departure. 

Can someone violate these security measures? Sure. Are they likely to get caught? Sooner or later, yes.

Is someone playing "Amature Sleuth"?? Developing Conspiracy Stories? Great FUN!! Yes?? Put me down as skeptical of the reality of what is being implied.

Grisen Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint