Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Fraser Highlander. (Read 23331 times)
Nero
Oldtimer

Fraser Highlander.
Aug 12th, 2014 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
Before I had read the article on them by Frank De Haas I bought one of these as a barreled action and in 22 Hornet from a friend about fifteen years ago but when I came to fire it the firing pin would drag across the base of the cartridge making it extremely difficult to open the action.
My friend when I told him about this insisted on taking it back. 
A few weeks ago he told me he had just got around to looking at the firing pin and penned a rough sketch to show what he had done.

IP Logged

KenB

Re: Fraser Highlander.
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2016 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
I pick up one of these actions at a gun show not knowing about the problems. How did the new block work for you? 
The sketch did not show the lower plunger for the new block (see attached diagram).  Was this used in the modified block and just not shown?  Thanks for the info.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) ( 322 KB | 79 Downloads )

IP Logged

pronechamp
Participating Member

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Hello, you might consider talking to Steve Earle, he makes these things, but cant say if he made the action causing your problems/

IP Logged

ssdave
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
pronechamp wrote on Sep 10th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
Hello, you might consider talking to Steve Earle, he makes these things, but cant say if he made the action causing your problems/

He definitely did not.  Steve Earle makes first class, top grade items.  The action/rifles in question were a poorly executed copy sold by I believe Cape Outfitters 30 years ago or more through Shotgun News ads.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint