Normal Topic patents (Read 4422 times)
Hank45
Oldtimer

Beer is living proof that
GOD loves you

patents
Sep 15th, 2011 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Does anybody hold the patents on Pope rifle accessories, if not how do I find these patents, thanks Hank? Smiley

IP Logged

harry_eales
Ex Member

Re: patents
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 2:49am
Print Post  
Wow, That is the most comprehensive Patent Description and set of Drawings I have come across in firearms related machinery. A total 19 pages. All very interesting, but I do wish better and even more detailed drawings were available. It's well worth downloading the PDF file and putting it into your computers brain for future reference.

Harry

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Patents are good for 17 years. No one can 'hold' any H.M. Pope patents today.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels

IP Logged

Bent_Ramrod
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2011 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Pope also held U.S. No. 384,277, for modifications to a rifle that allowed it to be taken down and also converted from rim- to center-fire and back at will.

A worthy effort but maybe a little complicated compared to other devices that worked just as well.

IP Logged

ledball
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
vollemaan:
                The late Jerry Simmons made a nice reproduction of the so called Pope re-decapped, he told me once that it was not designed by Pope. I wonder who really designed this great reloading tool, I consider it one of the best tool for the job at hand ever made.  ledball

IP Logged

Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Tom Trevor

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
The so called Pope re-de capper was found to have been Patented by one Mathias Chick in San Diego Ca. after the turn of the century and were made by Stevens and sold by them. This from research done by John Dutcher. He has something on the tools in the Journal several years ago.

IP Logged

ledball
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Thanks Tom;
                I have heard of M Chick from Calif maybe from Charlie Dell, so it seems that my favorite handloading Pope tool it really a Chick tool. He deserves a lot of credit for this great tool.   ledball

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint