Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) C. Sharps vs. Shiloh? (Read 22047 times)
Lee_Stone
Ex Member

Re: C. Sharps vs. Shiloh?
Reply #15 - Jan 23rd, 2006 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Ken not only donated an engraving job for that rifle, but he also donated a second engraving job to be auctioned off separately. He is right up there with the good guys, just like Shiloh! The fund raiser was very succcessful and the little boy is doing great! And the family is doing great, thanks to the generosity of wonderul people like Ken Hurst, the Shiloh folks  and a lot of others

And since we are mentioning accolades, a marvelous gentleman by the name of David Barfield is the one who thought up and ram-rodded the auction for those folks. He is the epitomy of the fine  Southern Gentleman and is a very fine shooter to boot. 

To keep with the theme of this thread, I also lean to the Shilohs. I presently own three Shiloh Sharps and have two more on order. I've examined and shot C-Sharps and they are fine rifles, but I own three Shilohs and have two more on order.
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2006 at 2:58pm by »  

IP Logged

buffalobreath
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 11:47am
Print Post  
I have a rifle from C. Sharps and a carbine from Shiloh and both are excellent products.  C. Sharps has the advantage of delivering more quickly.  I ordered a "Boss Gun" in .45-70 with Grade I engraving and it arrived four months and four days after I placed the phone order.  As others have said, it can take years to received a Shiloh.  I have another Shiloh on order and it's been two years and counting.  I'm not saying this as a complaint, just to demonstrate one of the differences between the companies.

If you want more information about C. Sharps, call them and ask for a catalog, their web site is woefully out of date.  Their phone number is (406) 932-4353.

As I understand it, the two companies were once part of a single enterprise.  Shiloh made the guns and C. Sharps marketed them.  The partners had a falling out and C. Sharps went its own way.  I've always been interested in knowing more details about this, especially since both companies are at opposite ends of the same street in the small town of Big Timber, Montana.  At least, that's the version I heard.  The bottom line is, it's none of my business and the quality of their rifles is first class.

Mike
« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2006 at 6:08pm by »  

IP Logged

DonH
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Jan 29th, 2006 at 6:54am
Print Post  
The split was between the original owners of the two companies and occured back in the 80s. . Shiloh has been under the current ownership since early 90s.

IP Logged

dave_j

Reply #18 - Apr 8th, 2006 at 1:04am
Print Post  
fwiw Tongue    i bought a Shiloh Long Range Express in 1987 but did not get to shoot it in a match until 2003. long story
when i did put 150 rounds through it I found the brass was bulging on one side. I showed it to Kirk Bryan and he immediately knew the problem. seems the previous owners liked to hand lap the chambers and "jugged" mine. Long story short Shiloh replaced the barrel and even made it octagon to round and would not take a penny. Kirk said it is his name on the product and when it says lifetime warranty, that's what it means. For my money it is Shiloh or golf.

ah heck  AA#9,4227,300MP, as long as it goes bang

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint