Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic C Sharps high wall, quality? (Read 3794 times)
Rich_Siegel
Ex Member

C Sharps high wall, quality?
Mar 30th, 2006 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Any opinions on the quality of the C Sharps Rifle company high wall?  I've owned their 1874 Sharps and it was a very good gun for the price.  The price on the high wall would be about $1500 with Fed tax.

Rich

IP Logged

ab7wh

Re: C Sharps high wall, quality?
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2006 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
I've had a C. Sharps 1885 chambered for .38-55 for several years now and I'm still impressed with the fit, finish and quality.  Make sure you're comfortable with the "perch belly" butt stock they use, though.  I was also impressed with their selection of "ready made" rifles.  Mine was already in the pipeline when I called and I was able to get delivery within a few weeks of my first call.  Hope this helps.

IP Logged

Flatlander
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Apr 2nd, 2006 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
I just received the new American Sharps Shooter from C-Sharps and they list a price increase to $1650.00 base for their Hiwall  Sporting Rifle and $1750 for the Classic 1885. As far as quality, I do not have an 1885 but the two 1874 Sharps I have I am quite satisfied with and would put them on par with my one Shiloh. I do not believe the Hiwall would be any different.

NRA Life
ASSRA Member 3197
Charcoal Burner

IP Logged

Treegunner
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Apr 4th, 2006 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
price increase to $1650.00 base for their Hiwall  Sporting Rifle and $1750 for the Classic 1885.

Dang, That's a $300.00 hike. I wish I would have known about them before I spent my cash on my Uberti. But I suppose those prices aren't all that bad when compared to whats out there. 

My friend had bought a high wall from there and received it with a hairline crack in the handle. CSharps didn't want anything to do with it, but after well over a year they 
finally agreed to replace the stock. I think UPS is paying for the repairs even though the shipping containers showed no signs of damage. I dont think there is a question about their quality, price or product. I am just afraid of their customer service, I have read some not-so-great reviews on their business practices. I would give them a try if I had the dough right now. 

Who knows, you never hear much about the good anyway. 

Hope this helps. 
Treegunner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint