Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) sharps-borchardt (Read 14813 times)
ken_hurst
Ex Member

Re: sharps-borchardt
Reply #15 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
A few years back, I had the honer of engraving the ASSRA gun of the year. This gave me the opportunity to handle and closely examine the gun. I was WOWED by the quality and great trigger. Since then, Bernie Harrell (stocker of gun) told me he has received two more Borchardts for Borchardt Rifle Co. and feels they are even better made --- specifically the trigger which I was impressed with. Al Storie (Maker of and owner of co.) told me he had made some up graded inprovements to the gun before I heard from Bernie. As I have one about to be shipped to me in 45-90 , I was very pleased to hear of the improvements.  Perhaps one could call Al to inquire about buying some of the internal parts  if needed.   Ken

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Bill,
I've never seen a Ruger with anything but a stock Ruger trigger on it, and all of those were plain triggers.  Can you tell us more about what the heck a Ruger set trigger is, and how it is made to fit a Borchardt?   

I'b be really interested in this if it is feasible today.

Pictures, sources of parts, anything more you can provide would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Brent

IP Logged

COLONEL
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
BRENT  i have had two of the single set rugers they were canjar also the same number of boocarts that were in varmint cal. and had good triggers but had probably been mess ed with some. i would think that one of these ole boys could do the work. the canjar is no more  i think. regards,ben.

IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
Ben,
I was wondering if it might be a Canjar trigger.  I know they are no more, but perhaps one could buy a Ruger #1 or some other rifle with a Canjar trigger and swap off the trigger.   

Or maybe someone like you would have one lying about, catchin' dust and looking for a good home where no one will bring home a derelict E Brown....

Brent

IP Logged

COLONEL
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 9:52pm
Print Post  

BRENT i have not had my papers graded in years. look in the mirror for the rest of the question.  regards,ben.

ps your contempt for me has been noted.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2006 at 10:35pm by »  

IP Logged

moodyholler
Oldtimer

Reply #20 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
I think you are referring to KEPPLINGER single set triggers for #1 & 3 Rugers. They are very nice. moodyholler

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Brent
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
moody,
you speak in present tense.  Does that infer that they still are being made?

If so, how could such a beast be fit to the Borchardt?  The more I think about such a coversion, the more I think this would become a major overhall of entire action.

Brent

IP Logged

J.D.Steele
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 19th, 2006 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
At one time Canjar made an SST specifically for the Ruger, as does Kepplinger today. The Kepplinger is still available through Brownell's. I don't have one handy and so I don't know how it could be adapted to the Borchardt, but the Canjar is very doable. The ASSRA Journal had instructions on the procedure back about 10-15 years ago, I did one for my long range Borchardt at that time. It makes an ugly trigger-&-guard appear to be even uglier IMO. Also FWIW IMO the original Sharps factory Borchardt DST is superior to any other except that it requires one hand to be removed from the rifle in order to set the trigger, much like an SST or Win close-coupled DST. But IMO it's both crisper and faster than any other set trigger on the Borchardt.

But it's mighty rare and mighty ugly.

Contact Rudi for a reprint of the Canjar conversion article, I'll try to look it up in my records.
Regards, Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint