Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic E F Hedrick Patents (Read 3649 times)
Tentman

E F Hedrick Patents
Aug 17th, 2006 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Good Morning

It my travels through the trigger (and other) patents in both the US and European registries I have come across this gentleman a couple of times.  He holds US patents 906,419 and 1,448,297 for a Hi wall set trigger and a single shot rifle design respectively.

He does not figure in any of my single shot books (mostly De Haas) but was obviously very interested in the feild in the early part of the 20th century.

Does anyone know any more about him and his work ??

Cheers - Foster

IP Logged

MP
Ex Member

Re: E F Hedrick Patents
Reply #1 - Aug 17th, 2006 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
906,419   Hedrick trigger was never assigned to anyone and if used it may have been on his action. 

1,448,297  is the patent for the Hedrick action, not a common rifle but not unheard of. 

Somewhere I have a picture of a Hedrick rifle and If I can find it, I’ll post it. 

"Boys' Single-Shot Rfiles" by Grant has both pictures and text about Hedrick, so does "More Single-Shot Rifles".
« Last Edit: Aug 17th, 2006 at 6:53pm by »  

IP Logged

Tentman

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 5:32am
Print Post  
Thanks MP, I've a request in at the library for Grants books (again).  I'be be real grateful for any other info folk can shed on his rifles.

The lever/mainspring arrangement of his 1923 patent is very interesting, and looks to me to be potentially very good for further "development".  It would be good to find any opinions as to how it worked for real.

I've done some web searches but zero results so far.

Cheers - Foster

IP Logged

MP
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 11:58am
Print Post  
I’m not sure if Hedrick built many or any rifles, he did make and sell actions though.  The Niedner Rifle Corporation used around a dozen of them and made some nice rifles.  I understand that each action was hand made, so I would be surprised to learn that any more than a couple dozen at most were made.

IP Logged

sakoman
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
What web site is best to view patent drawings?

Thanks,

Allen

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paul_F.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2006 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I don't know about "best".. but the US Patent Office web site is kinda the "horses mouth" on the subject... having the original and complete patent papers on-line.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Hope this helps!

Paul F.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint