Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ballard (Read 3268 times)
klw
Ex Member

Ballard
Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I was looking at the Ballard site today.  Obviously now that DZ has bought them out there are a lot of non-Ballard guns listed there but aren't there also fewer models of the Ballard being offered?

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Re: Ballard
Reply #1 - Feb 9th, 2005 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
I believe you'll find that Dan Zimmerman was bought out by Kelly McNick of Ok. City, Ok.    I spoke to Kelly yesterday and a few weeks ago --- no mention of Don came up.  I also talked to Don Z. last week and he didn't mention Kelly --- just his Hepburn rifles & the CNC work required to make them.  FWIW,   Ken

IP Logged

joeb33050
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 6:43am
Print Post  
I read this and went to the Ballard Rifle Co. site out of curiosity. After looking at the prices of the rifles available NOW, I'm dumbfounded. I think the prices are unreasonably high, and probably higher than original guns one could buy today. These prices have nothing to do with cost of manufacture-my career was in manufacturing. These prices will certainly drive away any youngsters. As I say more frequently each year, " I don't get it." Thank God for CPA.
joe b.

IP Logged

KWK
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2005 at 4:33am
Print Post  
Are the prices really so high?  The rolling blocks and high walls are priced about in line with the offerings from Lone Star and CPA, maybe a few hundred more.  Perhaps they are pricing their Ballards knowing there are no makers competing with them, but I see that as no sin.  Or maybe a Ballard is just more expensive to make.  I have to think that the lock-up of this design, such as it is, must be more difficult to fit than your average falling block.   

Hey!, where did the Hepburn replicas go?  They were on their site a few months back, and he was offereing them when I visited them last summer.  I wasn't under the impression they had bought out DZ, only that they were offering them under their web site.   Is DZ still offering Hepburns?  I don't have installed the browser extension the (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) site requires.  One ugly gun, but I kind of wanted one anyway.

Karl
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint