Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scopes? Part 2 (Read 1891 times)
randy45638
Ex Member

Scopes? Part 2
Feb 9th, 2005 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Well i am the owner of two new weaver t-36 scopes. I want  to mount them on a cpa rifle. What scope mounts should i get? I know dale has a cpa and any info from anyone will be helpful.  Thanks guys

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Re: Scopes? Part 2
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 12:55am
Print Post  
randy 45638;
I have a modern scope mounted on both my CPA and my Peregrine. I also used the same method to mount modern scopes on my Ballard and BSA Martini's.

If your CPA barrel is drilled and tapped for Lyman STS scope blocks, you can use the two holes nearest the receiver. However, if you only use two holes I recommend that the base also be epoxied to the barrel for additional support. Brownell's offers a Weaver Blank mount that you can drill to suit. It will require it to have some milled off the bottom rear to clear the receiver. It needs to hang back over the receiver about 1/4" ahead of the rear end of the receiver to give the proper eye relief. This makes a really decent mount without spending a ton of money. You can use any compatible Weaver mount rings but I recommend the use of Burris Signature rings to give you the benefits of the "gimbel" inserts that will allow you to correct for both elevation or windage should you need to (if the mounting screws are not drilled exactly correct, etc).

If you will e-mail me direct, I will take a couple of pictures and send the info to you.

rmcgee6@cinci.rr.com

Dale53

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint