Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ruger # 1, SS trigger (Read 10648 times)
Long_Rifle_101
Ex Member

Ruger # 1, SS trigger
Jul 25th, 2004 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Hello members, I may be posting old information but I am working on a Ruger # 1 that is rebarreled with a bull barrel
to 38-55. The stock is replaced with a simular butt stock and larger forend and will be used for schuetzen BR. I installed a high speed hammer and a kepplinger single set trigger from 
brownells. This action is not new but new enough not to have the adjustable sear engagement. Every thing works. The SS
trigger reminds me of the SS trigger on the CZ rifles in that they have a long after travel which is not objectable to me.
The real surprize is the trigger pull we have with out setting the trigger. It is under a pound and is easy to use even though there is some creep. If it were my rifle, I would attempt to set up the trigger for single stage use and maby forgo the single set function.  Long Rifle

IP Logged

First_Shirt
Ex Member

Re: Ruger # 1, SS trigger
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2004 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Long Rifle, that's some good info.  I have a Ruger No. 3 that will eventually be rebarreled and restocked into a schuetzen rifle, and I was wondering if the Kepplinger triggers were worth the asking price.  Sounds like they are!

Greg

IP Logged

Long_Rifle_101
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 10:52am
Print Post  
Hello First shirt. I thiink the SS trigger is exspensive but I have tried for years to come up with a target trigger for the ruger #1 and #3 and this seems to fit the bill. The paper work that came with the trigger is less than perfect but the installation is easier than they make it seem. I also think the high speed hammer is worth the investment.  Long Rifle

IP Logged

JDSteele
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2004 at 11:53am
Print Post  
Long Rifle, I've used the Kepplinger SST on both the Ruger and various Mausers, IMO it's well worth the money. I'd prefer a Canjar, but they're no longer available for the Ruger or so I've been told.

I too had the very pleasant experience of finding the unset pull was almost as light as the set pull. Really couldn't tell a lot of difference until I put the gauge on it, found the unset pull was ~1.5 lbs & the set pull was ~.7 lbs on my latest Mauser.

Please be advised that I've found it occasionally necessary to change springs in the Kepplinger triggers. Have installed one Ruger & two Mausers, had to replace a spring in one of 'em & swap springs in another. One of these involved adapting the Mauser trigger's dimensions to another rifle, it's VERY possible that I could have further adjusted some dimensions instead of swapping springs, IOW the spring swap may not have been absolutely necessary.

I like these triggers & will buy more if/when needed. IMO they're an excellent option for the money.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint