Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Here We GO Time For A Topic (Read 15524 times)
PETE
Ex Member

Re: Here We GO Time For A Topic
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2004 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Hal,
  The only way I've noticed it between actions is due to the stock configuration. The original guns I have are fitted with fairly slim stocks and forends so they tend to torque and flip due to that slimness in the forend and the great amount of drop. That's why I hold those guns fairly tight and also to set and hold the rear bag so they will recoil in as straight a line as possible.

Those guns I have with wide forends and straighter stocks tend to move straight back so don't wiggle around quite so much, but they still have to be set up to move in a straight line.
  Of course a lot also has to do with the caliber you're shooting.

One thing that helps a great deal in this regard is to use a sled attached to your barrel.

PETE

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

PETE
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 14th, 2004 at 10:34pm
Print Post  
Ken,
  Didn't mean to embarass you.  Smiley Was just funnin' anyway. You will certainly have a fancy rig when you get done with it. But you gotta stop and smell the roses...... i.e. - shoot them guns once in a while. You have to look at it as doing your customers a favor. If you keep your nose to the grindstone pretty soon you'll get fatiqued and start making mistakes. And you wouldn't want that to happen... would you?? You might end up putting a "Frogmoor" on someones gun that wants traditional English scroll!

But just as a personal favor to you I'll be more than happy to play with all these guns you've got sitting in the rack so they don't get lonely. I'm sure others will bite the bullet and volunteer to help out to.

PETE

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #17 - May 14th, 2004 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
Pete --- I just shut up shop for the night to find the P.M. you sent me .  Asleep at the bench --- nah, couldn;t correct all the mis cuts I'd make. My average day is about 10-12 hours with a few 15 hr. days.   I;m done for the night.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint