Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Prescription Lenses w. Scope (Read 1085 times)
RayH
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Re: Prescription Lenses w. Scope
Reply #15 - Aug 22nd, 2024 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Is anyone familiar with Decot Hy-Wyd Sport glasses? They offer a myriad of lens options. Prescription or not, several sizes, and many colors. (website: decot.com) Comments appreciated. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2024 at 4:50pm by RayH »  

In GOD We Trust

IP Logged

condorsc

NRA Life/Benefactor, ASSRA,
SCV Life

Reply #16 - Sep 1st, 2024 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Deadeye Bly wrote on Aug 19th, 2024 at 7:48pm:
Since you should always wear glasses when shooting, I have shooting glasses made just for that. I had my cataracts removed so my vision has cleared up. My distance lens is only -.5 but I had the bifocal made so I can see my sight or scope adjustments without having to back up a lot to see them.

A word of warning to anyone getting cataracts done. They of course break it into two operations. A year or so later they will do the other eye. Discuss your requirements from the new lenses and make damn sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. I had mine done at VA. The first went just fine. The second was done by a different surgeon, who inserted a lens of a different focal length. She claimed, without ANY discussion, that people want different focal lengths. It was a disaster. Double vision, etc. Embarrassed They tried or discussed every corrective approach they could think of, from inserting a second, "piggy back" lens to contacts. You need to discuss it with your surgeon and make sure you're both in agreement. It would be great if you could get the same surgeon the second time.

IP Logged

Jim55

Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2024 at 9:12am
Print Post  
I always wear my prescription glasses

IP Logged

rkaires
Frequent Elocutionist

No Stronger Bond

Reply #18 - Sep 7th, 2024 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Work requires me to wear safety glasses so i have all my prescription glasses made with ANSI lenses. I use them for shooting as well. No issues with scope or irons. progressive lenses make it easy to see adjustments.

ASSRA #11031
NRA Life
Proud Noodlehead

"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands
around reloading."~ ~ Thomas Jefferson

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #19 - Sep 7th, 2024 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
The VA may break up the cataract surgery that much but mine were 1 week apart. That was fine with me as I had my non-shooting eye first and that was such a breeze that I had no qualms about the second one. You will be naturally nervous about the doctor cutting a hole in your eye and vacuuming out the old lens and slipping in the new one while you are watching. Took about 6 minutes or less and I never felt a thing. I took the left lens out of my prescription glasses and was good the go the next day. You just have to follow the doctor's regiment and apply the drops for a couple of days.

IP Logged

Crown-C
Senior Forum Member

Reply #20 - Sep 7th, 2024 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Basically the same as Oneatatime. No problems whatsoever, one week apart and the surgery was a breeze, about 12 years ago. The Optometrist put in progressive lens and haven’t had to wear glasses at all since then.

Richard
Crown-C Ranch in the Flinthills
NRA Life Member
ASSRA Member # 10366
Member & Founders Society, Cody Firearms Museum
Veteran

IP Logged

.22-5-40
Oldtimer

Reply #21 - Sep 7th, 2024 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
I have been shooting with perscription Ray-Ban shooting glasses for years.  Started out with glass lens..now have switched to the stronger plastic. I have a scratch resistant coating,,but you still have to be careful what you clean them with.  These are the yellow tint.  Last couple of years, I had them put in bi-focal lens,,was always switching with regular glasses to adjust vernier tang sights..had them fit bi-focal low on lens, as on my regular glasses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint