Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) USPS (Read 1758 times)
uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: USPS
Reply #15 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
I cannot get Pirate Ship's signup page to display their Privacy Policy.  Anybody else have this problem?   Whole scheme sounds too good to be true.  Their revenue model just HAS to be based on use of your personal info for something they aren't telling us about.

<div class=

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #16 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
uscra112 wrote on Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:12pm:
I cannot get Pirate Ship's signup page to display their Privacy Policy.  Anybody else have this problem?   Whole scheme sounds too good to be true.  Their revenue model just HAS to be based on use of your personal info for something they aren't telling us about. 

Nobody is making you use it. I haven't had any issues with PS, and love the low cost, and ease of shipping with it. They have a lot of happy users, and if there was a problem I'd think it would be known by now.
I had no problem at all opening their privacy policy just now. 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Must be my old browser.   Even (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) loads a blank page.  

I ship so infrequently that the cost savings wouldn't be much, but with my handicaps getting into and out of our rural post office is enough of a bother to make me use the service if I could.
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:34pm by uscra112 »  

<div class=

IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #18 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
I have had no issues with Pirate Ship.   

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

bohemianway
Oldtimer

Reply #19 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Most likely they have a high volume business account with UPS. When we were allowed to use my employers account (as long as we piad for the cost) was about 1/4 the cost as a retail customer. Of coarse some idiot ruined the arrangement by using company funds to pay the shipping.

GTalk  
IP Logged

bpjack
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
When I dropped this rifle off at the local post office, the clerk said she uses Pirate Ship as well.

Jack

ASSRA # 11318
just a bit of a hoot.

IP Logged

MarkTrew
Participating Member

Reply #21 - Jul 9th, 2024 at 3:41pm
Print Post  
Here is a 2nd for Pirate Ship, as referenced above.  I was made aware of this method by a postal clerk.  Another postal department had various rates on file.  It works, and they did stand up when I had to file an insurance claim.

Mark Trew

IP Logged

Old Soldier
Senior Forum Member

Reply #22 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 11:07am
Print Post  
I mailed 300 match grade 45-70 bullets in a USPS Flat rate box to AZ. Some clerk along the way totally destroyed the box. USPS would not honor the claim because I did not have a post marked receipt from the Post office, nor did I have a sales receipt for the bullets I made. They were not for sale, they were for my use in AZ. My friend in AZ took the destroyed package to his PO twice, but his PO never filed the proper paperwork. I took the claim through all of the appeals. Still no joy. If you use USPS get a post marked receipt and a sales receipt. Then use 14 pounds of duct tape around the box, and make it so heavy the skinny little anti gun SOB can't lift it above his head and throw it on the ground.

"White man have very strong Medicine. Shoot today maybeso kill you tomorrow." Esa-Tai Commanche warrior

IP Logged

George Babits
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 11:24am
Print Post  
I've shipped hundreds of pouinds of various stuiff through the USPO using their flat rate boxes.  The cardboard is pretty flimsey.    I ALWAYS make it a double box by cutting up another flat rate box to use as a liner.  Use plenty of packing so that nothing moves or rattles, then tape the heck out of the box.   In well over 10 years of shipping I've lost only one box out of hundreds.

George

IP Logged

gnoahhh
Oldtimer

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I've been known to line MFRB's with 3/4" wood, all six sides, glued and screwed together. 3M stock would be a wise investment, based on my excessive usage of packing tape also.

IP Logged

RayH
Oldtimer

ASSRA # 10880

Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Insane that all this foolishness is necessary in a supposedly civilized society.

In GOD We Trust

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
Fiberglass strapping tape.

<div class=

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2024 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Old Soldier wrote on Jul 11th, 2024 at 11:07am:
  If you use USPS get a post marked receipt and a sales receipt. Then use 14 pounds of duct tape around the box, and make it so heavy the skinny little anti gun SOB can't lift it above his head and throw it on the ground.

Better put the 14 pounds of  duct tape inside, as USPS wont ship a priority mail package with a bunch of duct tape on the outside. I was at USPS shipping a package when a guy brought a duct taped priority package, and they refused it. He had to stuff it inside another box, which required him to cut it down to fit.
Best to use two boxes of the same size and tape the crap out of the inside box first. Since the boxes are free I often double them up to protect my items.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint