Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ped roller in 38-55 (Read 577 times)
SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Ped roller in 38-55
Jun 5th, 2024 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Just happened on this. What first caught my eye was the square trigger guard, then sights, engraving, and the odd "adapter" for the barrel visible in front of the receiver ring. It is fuggly. Anyone held one of these?   

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

If your rifle is not in 7.62 and you can't hit what you are aiming at with de-linked machinegun ammo you are a pretender.

IP Logged

Otony

Re: Ped roller in 38-55
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2024 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
We had a customer (who is a member here) receive one of those in the shop, but it was a different caliber.

Pretty sure the one you have pictured there is one of their odd, aluminum receiver version. 

They started out making the aluminum receiver so they could build an inline muzzleloader with it. That’s right, an inline, aluminum, rolling block, muzzleloader.

After a few years I noticed that Pedersoli was building up pistol caliber rifles using that same receiver and the odd locking ring on the barrel (shades of the Savage 110!). The giveaway is the anodized finish and the cast-in “engraving”.

Now it appears they are utilizing it for larger cartridges. I would be very hesitant, I just can’t see aluminum as suitable for long term use.

IP Logged

1Hawkeye

Re: Ped roller in 38-55
Reply #2 - Jun 7th, 2024 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
I was looking at one of those in .357 mag and possibly a. 38-55 if I liked the. 357 but I couldn't get past that big retaining nut so I went another route and got a original high wall in. 38-55.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint