Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Gun show finds (Read 578 times)
cheatin_charlie
Senior Forum Member

Gun show finds
May 6th, 2024 at 7:45am
Print Post  
Good morning, yesterday I was at local gun show and picked up a couple of interesting items.  First was a Wollensak scope in nice shape at a great price.
The second and more interesting purchase was a repro of a Pope lube pump.  It is well machined from a brass casting and the only markings was stamped BR 31.  Does that ring a bell to anyone?

IP Logged

rodneys
Oldtimer

Re: Gun show finds
Reply #1 - May 6th, 2024 at 8:39am
Print Post  
These were made by Joe Ruth ,gone but not forgotten,I provided the castings to him.

IP Logged

cheatin_charlie
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - May 6th, 2024 at 11:52am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info.  I did not know Joe Ruth but knew of him.  It is very well made and I am proud to own it.

IP Logged

Green_Frog
Frequent Elocutionist

"It ain't easy being green"
ASSRA Life #281

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2024 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
I acquired one at an OGCA show about 25 years ago.  It lacked an insert to actually use it, but it was so cool, I had to have it, and in a conversation with Joe Ruth, he confirmed what I had.
Unfortunately, I loaned it to a friend who forgot he had it, and is now unable to find it.  It's a shame too, because that small unit would look so good with my engraved low wall in 25-20 SS, don't you think? 
BTW, Rodney, do you still have the mould for the main body casting part, and if yes, would you be willing to make a run of them?
Froggie

IP Logged

rodneys
Oldtimer

Reply #4 - May 6th, 2024 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Yeah, I traded for the mold back from Jo. I have two Casting‘s on hand say $55 each shipped.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint