Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Posting Photos (Read 225 times)
Mr. Johnson
Participating Member

Posting Photos
Mar 30th, 2024 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Please help! I have been trying to post photos of a rifle for a wanted to sell ad but it keeps telling me it's too large of a file. What's the secret here? I do not have a desktop btw, just my android smart phone where said pictures are in my Google Photos. Thank You

IP Logged

oughtsix
Global Moderator
ASSRA Board Member

Re: Posting Photos
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2024 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
I don’t know your operating system, but see if your photo program will let you edit the photos to a smaller size . A good work around (but tedious) is to email you photos to yourself. The email program should ask what size to send. Usually the small ones work, then save the photos and then try to post. Painful, I know. But works. Try the editor route first

Life Member ASSRA, OGCA &  TSGC
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters........ Frank Lloyd Wright

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2024 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
There are many photo resize/compression apps in the apps store. I have not personally used any of them (I use a desktop for photo editing work), so cannot recommend any one over another.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The limitation is file size, not resolution, so if you can compress the file size down to 500 KB or less, it should work as an attachment (do note you dont want it to get TOO small, as reducing the size also reduces the details it can show, and making it too small will make it fuzzy or blocky) 

IP Logged

Snuffy
Participating Member

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2024 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Is there a limit to the number of pix you can post or is there a size limit?

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2024 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I am not sure if there is a limit on number, if you do hit a limit on the total number in a single post, you can post a reply with the remaining attachments.

There is a size limit of 500 KB per file. If your photos are larger than this, you will need to use a file resize or compression tool to shrink them down small enough to post.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint