Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic M71 8.15x46R Part 2 (Read 341 times)
CharleHunter
Senior Forum Member

M71 8.15x46R Part 2
Oct 21st, 2023 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
A few more pics of the sights and bits and pieces that came with the rifle. In all my years of collecting, I have never seen the Nickel preventative before, despite being an Australian Product. Can only assume it was used in our "Full Bore" Military rifle competitions that utilised the .303 Enfields in various configurations.

I suspect that the extractor has been re-manufactured as the bolt will not close on any of the 8.15 cases that I have, original or newly made. It also has a different form and shape to that of the M71 9.5 that I own. Fortunately a well know and trusted local gunsmith will be addressing this for me shortly.

P.s that bore is what I would describe as fair to good but may clean up a bit more with some elbow grease.  Smiley

IP Logged

oneatatime
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: M71 8.15x46R Part 2
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2023 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
One time I picked up a 71 carbine in 11mm that was missing its extractor. Fortunately I had another 71 rifle that was wearing an ex-Aydt barrel in 8.15x46R whose extractor had been modified from 11mm. A gunsmith easily copied the modified extractor to fit the carbine and made it in 11mm. These are well made rifles with surprisingly good triggers. Here's the pair. The M71s are single shots of course (the M71/84 added a really slick tubular magazine).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint