Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Buck with a No.1 (Read 1191 times)
bg7m

Buck with a No.1
Apr 29th, 2023 at 6:55am
Print Post  
An old buck taken a few years ago with a Ruger No.1B in 7mm mag

IP Logged

yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

Re: Buck with a No.1
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 11:41am
Print Post  
I took a nice Kansas whitetail many years ago with a #1v in 25-06. He is on the wall in my den. It’s not the antler size, but the story that goes with him, if I was a better typist, I would tell it. Congratulations on the buck.
Mike

IP Logged

SchwartzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2023 at 9:09am
Print Post  
I took these 3 Reh (Roe deer) over the course of 8 days in Bavaria, all within a sq/km using my Remington Roller in 50-70. They are so-called: Abschuss (control) animals. Due to the spiked horns they are dangerous to other deer and likely to wound them and perpetuate a "flawed gene". Hunters are obligated to take these guys on sight. I used to rent a portion of a forest just south of Munich, the forester there was like a brother to me and I took a lot of deer there but in almost 10 years never saw another like these before or after.

Halt Fest! Ziel Gut! Schiess Fleck!

IP Logged

RBKenn

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2023 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Now that is just cool.  Our game departments could learn a lot from the European management procedures. Unfortunately politics too often get in the way.

IP Logged

Timetripper

Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2023 at 10:46am
Print Post  
I had a Ruger 1b in 30-06 with 3-9x scope and took more than a dozen whitetails with it. The only buck taken were 3 small spikes and a very small 5 pt. I like the action and design but the stock was too long. The opposite end is my old sporterized Swedish Mauser with a Lyman 57 receiver site that I've killed nothing but buck with, including 3 nice eight points and a seven. Two were taken with 125+ yard wood shots. It is my foul weather gun. I like the two stage military trigger. Quit using the Ruger after missing an easy shot on a big 10 pt because I forgot it didn't have a two stage trigger!  Roll Eyes
I now have a nice #5 roller than I had customized into a nice little 39-55 sporter. No deer yet but it's only a matter of time.

John

IP Logged

Kansas Highwall
Participating Member

Reply #5 - Oct 13th, 2023 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I shot my last buck back in 2006 (6 pointer) with a Ruger #1 in 6mm Rem. I'm a new member here just today. I look forward to learning and sharing with all the members here. My eyesight has gone south lately so I regreftully won't be hunting anymore but I have lots of good memories to reflect on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint