Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) German Schuetzen Ammunition... (Read 3167 times)
marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Re: German Schuetzen Ammunition...
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2023 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Considering how popular the 8.15x46R cartridge was, I think it's impossible to look at fixed ammo and say it was strictly used for schuetzen rifles. I think with so many hunting rifles also using this chambering the ammo could easily have been made for those as well.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #16 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 1:55pm
Print Post  

Old No7 [/quote]

That is true.  There are a LOT of hoops to jump through in order to own firearms, and it takes years and thousands of Euros to qualify.  It’s very difficult if you don’t have a friend to tag along with at the beginning.  Young people just don’t have the excess money to play the game. [/quote]

Not true. The longest it may take to own a firearm is one year in the case of a sport shooter. Hunters may immediately buy guns after completion of the hunting course and obtaining a hunting license. The hunting course is not cheap but currently there are courses that cost less than 3,000 Euro's, Not cheap but the course typically run 8 to 12 weeks and the price includes the ammunition and testing.

If your rifle is not in 7.62 and you can't hit what you are aiming at with de-linked machinegun ammo you are a pretender.

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #17 - Apr 27th, 2023 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on Mar 20th, 2023 at 6:34am:
When a rifle is transported in Germany it has to be in a case and the case has to be padlocked. It can be a soft case. The case has two zippers and the slider tabs are locked together with a small padlock.   

The last few soft cases I've purchased have two slider tabs on them.   Huh

Again, not true!

If your rifle is not in 7.62 and you can't hit what you are aiming at with de-linked machinegun ammo you are a pretender.

IP Logged

Old_No7

Reply #18 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
SchwarzStock wrote on Apr 27th, 2023 at 1:55pm:

Old No7

That is true.  There are a LOT of hoops to jump through in order to own firearms, and it takes years and thousands of Euros to qualify.  It’s very difficult if you don’t have a friend to tag along with at the beginning.  Young people just don’t have the excess money to play the game.

Quote:
SchwartzStock
Not true. The longest it may take to own a firearm is one year in the case of a sport shooter. Hunters may immediately buy guns after completion of the hunting course and obtaining a hunting license. The hunting course is not cheap but currently there are courses that cost less than 3,000 Euro's, Not cheap but the course typically run 8 to 12 weeks and the price includes the ammunition and testing.

Nope, that's not "my" quote, it was posted by another member...

My quote was this:
"I'm told by friends who live/work there, that the gun culture over there is declining as the older shooters die away.
Old No7"

That is true from what I'm told from friends and gun sellers doing business over there.

Old No7

"Freedom and the Second Amendment...  One cannot exist without the other."  © 2000 DTH&&

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

deleted posts and threads
record holder.

Reply #19 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
SchwarzStock wrote on Apr 27th, 2023 at 1:57pm:
When a rifle is transported in Germany it has to be in a case and the case has to be padlocked. It can be a soft case. The case has two zippers and the slider tabs are locked together with a small padlock.   

Again, not true!

I'm wrong again? Okay but that is the routine we used when I was there about ten years ago. This was according to Biggi Hoelscher.  We happened to be using soft cases. 

A blind squirrel runs into a tree every once in a while.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #20 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
craigster wrote on Apr 11th, 2023 at 12:56am:

A padlock on a soft case is like a screen door on a submarine,

It is.... 

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #21 - Apr 29th, 2023 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
Not sure what part of my post was wrong so here are pictures of my two newest soft cases for rifles. Both cases are from Allen and both are set up for installing a lock. Or opening from either end. I think it's for a lock.  Of course I could be wrong. 

No big deal, I've been wrong before.  Smiley

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #22 - Apr 30th, 2023 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
SchwarzStock wrote on Apr 27th, 2023 at 1:57pm:

Again, not true!

So where did I go wrong?  What part, or parts are not true in my post?

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #23 - May 1st, 2023 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
SchwartzStock! Come back and tell us what I had wrong in my post.

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #24 - May 2nd, 2023 at 8:39am
Print Post  
westerner wrote on May 1st, 2023 at 10:35pm:
SchwartzStock! Come back and tell us what I had wrong in my post.

I have been in Germany off and on since 1983 and got my German hunting license in 1984. 

It has never been true you had to have a locked, padded case. This was a wive's tale that grew out of a requirement for a locked case if you left a gun in a car. In that situation you had to have a hard case but over time it has gotten to be that if your gun is stolen, even if in a locked hard case, you are still responsible and considered negligent. I have to say though that a lot of misinformation about guns and hunting in Germany came from Americans, either embellishments or misunderstandings. I have had a couple of Americans over the years tell me crazy stories about how hard it was to explain why they never hunted here. The big problem I've seen is the guys that don't go out and make some German friends and learn a little of the language. They stay on post and complain how bored they are and how unfriendly the local are...

funny thing about the soft cases; many so called experts here insist the one-layer canvas case like you see used for shotguns will say they are unsafe and not allowed by law because it "could be" possible to discharge a loaded firearm using the trigger by pressing on the "wrong place".

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #25 - May 2nd, 2023 at 10:39am
Print Post  
I'll forward your message off to Biggi.  We'll see what she says. She's lived in Munich most of her life and she is supposed to know the German gun laws.

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #26 - May 2nd, 2023 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Here is what Biggi says. 

There is a difference in Germany for weapon transport of hunters and for weapon transport of sport shooters. Hunters have a "hunting license" and sport shooters have a "gun ownership card". 

A hunter is allowed to transport his weapon in his car on the way to his hunting ground without a weapon case, but it must not be loaded. When a hunter takes his weapon to a gunsmith or takes the weapon to a shooting event at a shooting range, it must be unloaded in a locked case. This can be a gun case with locks or a latched soft case.

A sport shooter must always transport his sporting firearm in a locked container. So in a locked case or a latched soft case. The law is not to use a padlock. The law says, it must be more than three steps to get the gun out of the container (case or soft case). An unlocked case makes it possible to access the gun in one step: you only need to open the lid of the case and you have access.

That is why "locking" is mandatory. The simplest is a combination padlock on the soft case. You can also use a padlock with a key. If you don't have a padlock, you can even put a plastic cable tie through the slider tabs. It always needs more than three steps to get access to the gun.
Thats the reason why most of the Germans use padlocks, because it is the easiest way to comply with the law. 

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #27 - May 2nd, 2023 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Hey SchwartzStock, where are ya man?   Huh It's yer turn, dude. I got this going early this morning and you've had all day. SchwartzStock.......

IP Logged

westerner
Frequent Elocutionist

record holder.

Reply #28 - May 3rd, 2023 at 10:02am
Print Post  
westerner wrote on May 2nd, 2023 at 9:00pm:
Hey SchwartzStock, where are ya man?   Huh It's yer turn, dude. I got this going early this morning and you've had all day. SchwartzStock.......

SchwartzStock, your rebuttal, old man. We await your rebuttal.

IP Logged

SchwarzStock
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #29 - May 3rd, 2023 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
westerner wrote on May 3rd, 2023 at 10:02am:
westerner wrote on May 2nd, 2023 at 9:00pm:

SchwartzStock, your rebuttal, old man. We await your rebuttal.

Using a zip lock tie to close a case is not a "locked" case now is it. Please have your source sent the German legal text for this requirement and lets do a translation here. Not just her saying it is so.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint