Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Projects, Projects, Projects... (Read 1070 times)
S99VG
Senior Forum Member

Projects, Projects, Projects...
Feb 18th, 2023 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Projects X 5

IP Logged

Sure shot
Oldtimer

Re: Projects, Projects, Projects...
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2023 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Nice! I myself have another 44 1/2 project rifle coming soon by FedEx, it will be a .32-35 as I have the barrel waiting for an action.

IP Logged

S99VG
Senior Forum Member

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2023 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Sure shot wrote on Feb 18th, 2023 at 4:29pm:
Nice! I myself have another 44 1/2 project rifle coming soon by FedEx, it will be a .32-35 as I have the barrel waiting for an action.

It’s nice when the stars align and all these disconnected parts we acquire begin to find connection.  My 44 1/2, as I bought it, is a 17 Ackley Hornet.  But since I’ve been a long time Savage 99 fan and have the brass, the barrel it’s destined for is a 303 Savage.  The 30-30 seems to be an inherently accurate cartridge and I think the 303 Savage could give it a run for its money!  However to match it up a bit, the second rifle down is a 044 1/2 and it’s destined to be a 30-20 CPA.  I’m thinking the overlap could be interesting, or at he least keep me off the streets and from joining a gang (just kidding)

IP Logged

uscra112
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2023 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Projects.....I've got nine of them waiting for me to bench-test, and that's just the .22s.   Hope springs eternal; I just ordered 1000 rounds of CCI SV, in case I manage to get out when the weather warms up.

<div class=

IP Logged

S99VG
Senior Forum Member

Reply #4 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 2:09am
Print Post  
Ugh, dont get me going on the Krag, Springfield and Enfield projects I got going on in addition to the Stevens!  Someday in the not too distant future I'm planning on a retirement and this stuff will keep me going for at least another 125-years.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #5 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 11:44am
Print Post  
I've been working on a couple projects for quite some time now. Currently converting my Darr barreled Rolling Block from straight grip to pistol grip, and fitting a buttstock right now. Still needs to get final sanded, and a stud added to the Darr barrel to accommodate a breech seater tool I have yet to make.
Have a couple Ballard actions, and a couple more Rolling Block actions sitting in pieces that could become complete rifles too.
Then to complicate things I just purchased two Savage 99's in .250-3000 that need a little TLC. And an 1890 Winchester, 67A Winchester, and an old Iver Johnson shotgun. Fortunately the last two are very nice and need nothing done to them.
Seems like I never get caught up, and simply add more to my to do list!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

S99VG
Senior Forum Member

Reply #6 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
marlinguy wrote on Feb 19th, 2023 at 11:44am:
I've been working on a couple projects for quite some time now. Currently converting my Darr barreled Rolling Block from straight grip to pistol grip, and fitting a buttstock right now. Still needs to get final sanded, and a stud added to the Darr barrel to accommodate a breech seater tool I have yet to make.
Have a couple Ballard actions, and a couple more Rolling Block actions sitting in pieces that could become complete rifles too.
Then to complicate things I just purchased two Savage 99's in .250-3000 that need a little TLC. And an 1890 Winchester, 67A Winchester, and an old Iver Johnson shotgun. Fortunately the last two are very nice and need nothing done to them.
Seems like I never get caught up, and simply add more to my to do list!

Dont get me going on the the 99.  That was my first love  and it started with a school yard crush way back when I was in 3rd grade.  The father of a good buddy of mine  had a post-war EG in 300.  My buddy still has that rifle and it looks the same as it did when I first laid eyes on it in 1968!  And it hadn't been used much when his dad got it a few years prior.

IP Logged

marlinguy
Frequent Elocutionist

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #7 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
I had a couple Model 1895's, and six 1899's at one time. But they went the way of others when the single shot bug bit me.
One of these 99's is a 1930 era takedown .250-3000 while the other is a 1950 .250-3000 that's had a custom Fajen stock fitted, and sports a K3 Weaver scope. All these guns were in 3 generations of the same family since new. Gonna shoot up a bunch of ammo that came with them before I send them down the road.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

jhm
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #8 - Feb 19th, 2023 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
A good problem to have...

JMH

IP Logged

RustyReel
Participating Member

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2023 at 4:18am
Print Post  
I wish I had projects that looked like that!  Thanks for the pic.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint