Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Olde guy vs. Coyote (Read 543 times)
hairtrigger
Participating Member

Olde guy vs. Coyote
Mar 26th, 2022 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
   This happened to me 2 or 3 years back as a result of losing vision in my (left) shooting eye serious enough that that I was struggling to come up w/ a solution.
   While out in the country looking around while armed w/ my current favorite .20 cal. “Tagger” Win. M85 HiWall I came upon a really nice Coyote & of course we both became aware of each other @ the same time ! He was heavy bodied & the closest one I had ever seen that was nearly all white furred ! He was stopped on the edge of a small cut over hayfield & was watching me to see what I was going to do (a about 125 yds. Away ) So then while I was busy mentally hanging his hide on my shop wall & trying to decide if I was right or left handed to make the shot he got bored and walked unconcerned about four steps to the side into the woods on the edge of the field & of course I never saw him again. Ruined my whole day !

IP Logged

JLouis
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Olde guy vs. Coyote
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2022 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
It sounds like might of had permanent partial eye sight as I did in my right shooting eye incured from a stroke. Were able to adjust to it if so or did you have retrain yourself to start shooting right handed. I have been very fortunate as I was eventually able to do but it took me about a year to retrain myself on how to still being able to use it as a competitive shooter.

" It Is Better To Now Have Been A Has Been Than A Never Was Or A Wanna Be "

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint