Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ugly duckling (Read 4370 times)
Nero
Oldtimer

Re: Ugly duckling
Reply #15 - Aug 3rd, 2021 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Just had a word with one of my computer wizards and he reckons its a site configuration or hosting issue.

IP Logged

argie1891
Senior Forum Member

Reply #16 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 1:29am
Print Post  
I have a Swiss vetterli in 10.4x38 ( i think that is correct.) i make cases from lebel brass.. and yes it is a single shot as the spring no longer is in the tube magazine and several parts are missing.. It is much uglier than your rifle but i must say i have had a lot of fun with ugly rifles. i made a front sight and i think used a Remington rear sight. milled the site to fit the large dove tail. anyway these old ugly rifles are a lot of fun to shoot. and again if there was a contest for the ugliest rifle i know i would win hands down with mine. 
argie1891    

and please dont give me a bad time as it was a repeater but has not been one for many years.

if you think you have it figured out  then you just dont understand

IP Logged

yamoon
Oldtimer

NRA Life, ASSRA , GGCA,
MCA

Reply #17 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 10:19am
Print Post  
I think the beauty is in the pleasure they give you at the range or the field. I am sure my German schuetzen rifles would be ugly to many people. Tried it at the range yesterday, the scope didn’t fall off, so the mounts might orkout.
Mike

IP Logged

chipmaker
Senior Forum Member

Reply #18 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 11:59am
Print Post  
Clamping the scope mounts to the barrel rib is a good short term solution. It allows the use of LER scopes and allows full access to the action for loading and extraction. It just doesn't look as clean as the rifle's original claw scope mounts.
Now that you are retired, there is no excuse for not fitting a set of claw mounts to your rifle's scope bases. 
The Martini action will require a higher scope height for ease of operation and it wouldn't surprise me if your stock was designed with this in mind. If this is the case, mounting the scope clamped to the rib, may be harder to acquire than one a little higher.
You probably, already have the answer, after your trip to the range.
Otto

IP Logged

Nero
Oldtimer

Reply #19 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Just found this post at the bottom of page three and also found my post about my BSA Martini on page two on my desk computer.
Computers sure are fascinating.

IP Logged

calledflyer
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #20 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
"Computers sure are fascinating."

Yeah, they sure are- sometimes I go down to Best Buy just to yell at their computers.

IP Logged

rkba2nd
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #21 - Aug 6th, 2021 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
They make great 1000 yard gongs!!!

rkba2nd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint