Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Post Counter locked Up (Read 1018 times)
burntwater
Senior Forum Member

Post Counter locked Up
May 31st, 2021 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Just noticed that I’m listed with total of 145 posts and have been for some time,  at least back to last Nov. and most likely longer. I might also add there is no flag or marker indicating which threads I’m active in. 

This is not a life altering condition but does convey to others that your a player.

Rick

IP Logged

burntwater
Senior Forum Member

Re: Post Counter locked Up
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2021 at 9:27am
Print Post  
Well I haven’t heard back on this problem but I submitted a post a few minutes ago and my post count actually moved from 145 to 146 that’s great.  However all of my previous posts back to last Summer and I’d bet for years  also say 146 so maybe we need to work on this a bit

Rick

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
I apologize for the delay in responding.

The post count on your profile is a current total, it will always show your current post count, even if you go back to view older posts.

Also, there are some sections of the forums that do not add to your post count. The best example of one of these is the For Sale forum, but this Help forum also does not count. If you made lots of posts to those sections, they wont count toward your total post count. (The total post count is supposed to be a measure of how much you contribute to the forum, not how much you sell, or how often you have problems with the forum or make test posts). The forums that are excluded from post counts should be marked in the forum description.

I do see your post count is now up to 148, so it is rising, as long as you keep posting to sections that count, it will keep going up.

IP Logged

burntwater
Senior Forum Member

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2021 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
I believe you have missed the points I’m trying to make. It is true right now my post count does indeed seem to be working but for the past few days ( no telling how long ) it has been stuck on total of 145 posts. When I dug into my post history I noticed all my posts back to Sept 2020 said 145 posts ? I have to ask are the old posts automatically upgraded to your CURRENT post count ? If this per chance is the case then post and activity history is incorrect. I made a couple of posts the other day and again stuck at 145. Then yesterday it moved to 146 and after investigation all my old posts said 146. For the record I rarely post on the For Sale forum. 

I can live with missing posts though I look like a non- participant but just thought just perhaps you should know about this and may want to correct it.

IP Logged

Josh Borton
YaBB Administrator

Reply #4 - Jun 7th, 2021 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
burntwater wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 6:47pm:
I have to ask are the old posts automatically upgraded to your CURRENT post count ?

Josh Borton wrote on Jun 3rd, 2021 at 6:05pm:

The post count on your profile is a current total, it will always show your current post count, even if you go back to view older posts.

A search directly from the forum database shows 177 posts in your name.
Its not easy to tell what post is in what section from the database, but a quick search using the forum search functions shows a minimum of 17 posts by you containing the letter "a" to Forum Help, and For Sale forums, all which do not count toward post count.
Your current post count is 152, so that only leaves 8 posts unaccounted for. 
I could probably find them if I spent more time on it (searching all the different letters of the alphabet, or constructing a database query that correlates each post with a section to show the total posts in each section)

In the meantime, if you can prove your post count is not going up, I will investigate further.
suggestion for evidence, would be to screenshot your post count before posting (such as from your most recent post), and check it after posting. If it does not go up, send me the screenshot of post count pre-post, and exactly which post did not count.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint