Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1884 Springfield and Pedersoli Sharps (Read 2242 times)
Kyle M.
Participating Member

1884 Springfield and Pedersoli Sharps
Oct 7th, 2020 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
My two single shot rifles as of now, excluding muzzle loaders. An 1884 Springfield made in 1889 with a pristine bore, and a Pedersoli Sharps Business rifle.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Joe Do...
Oldtimer
ASSRA Board Member
ASSRA Journal Editor

Re: 1884 Springfield and Pedersoli Sharps
Reply #1 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I've always had a soft spot for Springfield Trapdoor rifles. Probably because that was my very first single shot rifle. Your rifle looks like a very nice original example.

IP Logged

Kyle M.
Participating Member

Reply #2 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
Joe Do... wrote on Oct 7th, 2020 at 8:29pm:
I've always had a soft spot for Springfield Trapdoor rifles. Probably because that was my very first single shot rifle. Your rifle looks like a very nice original example.

Thanks, I was really impressed when I found it. Not only by the condition but also by how cheap it was. The seller had it listed as zero original finish remaining. Which is obviously not the fact.

IP Logged

SSShooter
Frequent Elocutionist

Reply #3 - Oct 8th, 2020 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
Kyle - nice rifles. There is a "military" BPCR match at the NMLRA in Friendship, IN next weekend(15, 16 & 17). Bring your 1884 and join in the fun. There will be a couple of national record holders competing and they are both happy to share all their 'tricks of the trade' on setting and adjusting the Buffington sight as well as their load info. 22BPCR on Friday and a 2nd day of BPCR on Sunday. So bring your 22 (any safe rifle & sight is good) and your Pedersoli.

Glenn - 2x CPA 44 1/2 w/22LR (Shilen ratchet-rifled & Bartlein 5R rifled), 38-40RH & 38-55WCF (Bartlein 5R rifled) & 40-65WCF (GrnMtn 'X') barrels
GTalk  
IP Logged

Kyle M.
Participating Member

Reply #4 - Oct 8th, 2020 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
SSShooter wrote on Oct 8th, 2020 at 2:13pm:
Kyle - nice rifles. There is a "military" BPCR match at the NMLRA in Friendship, IN next weekend(15, 16 & 17). Bring your 1884 and join in the fun. There will be a couple of national record holders competing and they are both happy to share all their 'tricks of the trade' on setting and adjusting the Buffington sight as well as their load info. 22BPCR on Friday and a 2nd day of BPCR on Sunday. So bring your 22 (any safe rifle & sight is good) and your Pedersoli.

Thanks for the invite but I doubt I could make it. Hours are weird for me right now and money is short. The state forced my employer to close in April and they lost enough money they won't be reopening. I've been working part time but it doesn't let me do much in the way of recreational activities. One of these days I'll definitely make it to something though
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2020 at 4:08pm by Kyle M. »  

IP Logged

Gunfunpow

Reply #5 - Nov 24th, 2020 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
Nice rifles, both fun shooters. See if you can find a copy of Wolf's book on shooting the trapdoor Springfield. Well worth it in terms of getting the best accuracy from your trapdoor. Stay strong during these tough times, hopefully more work will come your way soon. All the best, Doug

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint