Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Anneal Brass (Read 1541 times)
Flatlander
Oldtimer

Anneal Brass
Jun 11th, 2020 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I have just replenished my supply of Starline 45-90 cases replacing the streached BACO brass I used for years. I remember several years ago it was advised to anneal Starline before first loading. Is this still the case or can I just load and fireform? Thanks.
Flatlander

NRA Life
ASSRA Member 3197
Charcoal Burner

IP Logged

Old-Win
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Anneal Brass
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
Unless they've changed their brass, I would anneal it. Starline brass is very well made as far as dimensions go, but I don't know if it's their formula or what but they're large case brass is very stiff in my estimation. I'm loading the 45-90 right now for the Big Hill shoot in 2 weeks and I have to anneal every two firings. I still don't like the way the bullet seats in the case. It's not very uniform. I have never annealed my Winchester 45-70 brass and I fired it at least 10 times if not more. The bullets seat the same from the first firing to the last and I wish Starline would behave the same way. Other people may have just the opposite take I do.

IP Logged

Flatlander
Oldtimer

Re: Anneal Brass
Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2020 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Thanks much for the reply. That is what I was thinking from my limited memory. To the annealer they go.
Flatlander

NRA Life
ASSRA Member 3197
Charcoal Burner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint